Hammerhead Shark - ODH Creature fest

Started by ODH, January 26, 2024, 07:56:50 AM

ODH

Hammerhead Shark
Time:
0:00
Volume:
CreatureFest (banner image missing)

This one began life sometime last year as a random jazz track, only coming from the rhythm of the words Hammerhead Shark. It didn't get off the ground and I deleted the file.  Then when the Creaturefest came up I had another go around the buoy, as it were. Not a jazz track this time, although that's one of the few styles that doesn't make an appearance.

There is definitely a considerable amount of kitchen sink here.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

cuthbert

Very 70s funky arrangement - really enjoyed that. Also dug the bit of Hammerhead Shark history in the breakdown.

Cool stuff!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Pete C

Brilliant ! That guitar played through a filter (or auto-wah ?) gives an underwater vibe to the song. Most enjoyable !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

You did throw in the kitchen sink on this one Nick and it worked wonderfully! The wah wah style guitar riffing throughout fits like a glove made of shark skin. It has a bit Reggae, some rock and some jazz and some????? The cool vocals and lyric keep the song grounded. Well done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

once again major points for creativity!!!

the bass is major on this... so well recorded against the acoustic guitar and drums...
brilliant mix..

the guitars are simply so much fun!

vocals are perfect... this song rocks in a major way...wow

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

I think there must be a somekind of a fungus growing out of your kitchen sink. You probably ate it some before composing this one :D

The intro reminded me of the 70s cop shows, but then it went all bananas/Bahamas! There's a lot to enjoy here and even when things get weird it all stays together remarkably well.

Perhaps you'll be able to sell this as the theme song for a animated young adult programme called Hammerhead Sharks and Biology 101. It could become a long lasting series. Learn to read with Hammerhead Sharks etc.

A good one!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

godinqc

Very cool song , I really enjoyed the wah , I agree it gives an underwater vibe to the song..
great guitar solos .. also really good rhythm (bass and drums)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Jarle

What a journey. So much going on... love it.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Johnbee

Yeah, I enjoy the guitar effect.  It does sound like it's underwater.  Also enjoy the vocal effect.  Very entertaining.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Mike_S

Very creative Nick. You have a real free spirit when it comes to writing music. This is a lot of fun and that is hard for a lot of people who write songs but it sounds second nature to you. Excellent.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand