Shoot the Breeze (Instumental)

Started by Ron D Bowes, January 25, 2024, 05:35:03 PM

Ron D Bowes

Shoot the Breeze
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I don't do many instrumentals, but I just bought myself a Marshall MG10 amp and a subzero mic and thought I'd put them through their paces.

Telecaster through on clean channel, and on overdrive. Blues solo plug in for the bridge solo. Bass direct in with chorus pedal.

Farrell Jackson

Ron, don't you just love it when new musical toys inspire the creative juices. The solo tone between the amp and Tele is huge and fat. It sounds like a much larger amp. A real fine guitar instrumental!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Pete C

Really good instrumental. I love the tone of that Tele..I've never tried recording my guitar parts with a mic (too many other noises going on in my house).

Great listen !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

cuthbert

Cool little bluesy instrumental - you got a sweet tone from that little Marshall. Lately I seem to prefer the sound of a miked amp versus amp modeling, although the latter is certainly more convenient.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

StephenM

I have listened to this at least 5 times... sometimes I just put on the juke box while I scroll through the internet..

this is a very good listen and makes a great background track... and of course you always could put a vocal on it too...

the track is so very much you... and so good.  The guitar work is splendid. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

You're making a great use of that little amp! Melodic and cool jam this is!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

kenny mac

Very cool track ,lovely tone.
There's is an ambiance that's created with the mic on the amp, if I tried that ,9 times out of ten  I would have my dog barking in the background.
Great guitar work.

godinqc

Very cool instrumental .. really liked the guitar work and the tone ..
Great job
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ray Brookes

Nice instrumental, Ron. Lovely tone on the guitars; you must have been tempted to throw in some harp?
Ray Brookes

Johnbee

The Marshall sounds great, Ron.  Another new dimension to your already great sound.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!