Dreams Of The Girl (Dreams Of The Lady)

Started by StephenM, January 21, 2024, 06:42:09 PM

StephenM

Dreams Of The Girl (Dreams Of The Lady) final
Time:
0:00
Volume:
this started out for me as a melancholic self pity kind of thing.... but before I was a 3rd trip through the vocals I started having so much fun that all the negativity melted right away. 

I had a progression I liked and actually played it on the Harley Benton single coil.  I added bass next and then vocals... then the Epiphone Hummingbird acoustic
then the HB lead thing...  I should mention that I played all the parts with just fingers... lately I have been playing as much that way as with a pick... I am starting to see the many advantages in this that exist...

I like the mix on this... I have a mix without any drums and I think it is really good alone...
My head is heavy, my sight is dim.  It's obvious I am about to cave in.  I keep thinkin about all the things I want to do but never did.  The scoreboard shows a big fat zero right next to my name.  The crazy thing is I never even got in the game.  Got in the game.
I settled for comfort , I settled for less.  Like millions of others I eat lots of dust.  I never could get the girl of my dreams but in my dreams I have her again and again.  They say I am crazy they give me drugs but I hold them under my tongue.  To be a zombie is not my dream.  At least I have stayed away from my doctor's fantasy. 

Dream of the girl, dream of the ladie.  Dream I can reach for but never do score.  Oooooooo.... never do score. 

I keep thinking about all the things I want to do but I never did.  The scoreboard shows a big fat zero right next to my name.  The crazy thing is I never even got in the game.  Dreams of the girl.  Dreams of the lady.  Dreams I can reach for but never do score. 

Dreams of the girl.....dreams of the lady.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Trist

certainly has a  melancholic feel to it, sounds like a lot going on in the recording, i think  a slower vocal less words would really enhance this track as it has a good groove,  epiphone humming bird i had one of those they have  a unique sound i found. nice work

Farrell Jackson

I was expecting something wild and crazy but then this jewel of a ballad began to play. I sat back and listened closely. The Epi Hummingbird sounds real good as does your vocals. The octave voice over the lead vocal works great! I like the chords and progression. I'm on my second listen now and it's a good one Stephen!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Zoltan

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on January 22, 2024, 08:21:25 AMI was expecting something wild and crazy

The only thing one can expect with Stephen is unexpected! Then again Stephen does have a knack for these softer songs that tug at heartstrings.

The whole track radiates with this 60s hippie - folkie vibe. It's soft and melodic.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Bluesberry

Yes.......lovely.....excellent.......its got something very cool and unique going on....i pretty much full on love this...as Zoltan says ....makes me think of that time and era....UK 60s folk.....like Bert Jansch kinda in a weird kinda way.....kinda

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pete C

Excellent song Steve. Lovely playing and vocals and the production and mix sounds very slick and pro.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

TPB

Lovely song brother lot going on so I had to listen a couple times to catch it all listened on the studio monitors and I agree the mix is right on
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ron D Bowes

I like this. Cool harmonies and the accompanying guitar on the money!

godinqc

Cool "melancholic" song, the mix sounds really good like this. Really good guitar playing ..
Well done 
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Jarle

I like this. Nice melody and vocal harmonies.
recorder
Boss BR-800