You never can tell (c'est la vie) cover Chuck Berry by JP

Started by Jean Pierre, January 21, 2024, 01:32:25 AM

Jean Pierre

YOU NEVER CAN TELL. RENDER MP3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I haven't lost my knack for playing guitar "Chuck Berry style".
Well, it's like riding a bicycle... you never forget! ;D

It has to be said that the "two udders" of my self-taught guitar training were The Shadows and then Chuck Berry.

In fact, that's probably the only thing I have in common with Keith guitar, who was addicted to Chuck Berry in the early days of the Stones.

In fact, the good master was quite severe with him.
and you'll remember this rehearsal video of him berating Keith Richard about the way he played the introduction to "Carol", which didn't suit him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mHOiwOanIBM    ..................excellent

I was lucky enough to see Chuck Berry twice in Lyon, France, at the time (I was 16) I was playing in a local rock band (the Red Rooster  ;) .

Chuck Berry used to tour Europe without a backing band, so he used local musicians (which was pretty cool), because we all knew his repertoire, of course ... but more or less well, and that led to some memorable shouting matches in the middle of a concert with his local musicians for the day!

It was a lot of fun doing this song, of which I still understand 2 or 3 words: "Monsieur, Mademoiselle, Pierre, and the famous c'est la vie".
also thanks for your indulgence for my frenchie accent ..but as my friend on SC says it is what it is ! :)

Ah yes I did all the instruments except the drums and the fabulous piano played by
Kevin Yates McKendree an American electric blues pianist, keyboardist, guitarist, singer, and songwriter. In addition to his lengthy and varied career as a session musician, McKendree has released two solo albums.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Farrell Jackson

I enjoyed this JP! Yes, you still have your Chuck Berry guitar licks down! Chuck was a big influence on me also. Well done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

TPB

Well you can help but to rock out on this I can see you doing the Berry shuffle in the studio
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Mike_S

Absolutely you still have it big time. Sounds like it should be in a bar bringing the house down. Brilliant playing JP. A nice tribute to the granddaddy of rock and roll.

Mike

Absolument, vous en avez encore beaucoup. On dirait que ça devrait être dans un bar pour faire tomber la maison. Génial en jouant JP. Un bel hommage au grand-père du rock and roll.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Jean Pierre

...pour revenir a la relation tumultueuse entre Keith Richard et Chuck Berry
mon ami Jean Paul m'a envoyé l'éclairage suivant

QuoteWhat you're forgetting to mention is that it was Keith Richards who organized several tribute concerts to celebrate Chuck Berry's 60th birthday, at a time when the great man was in a bit of a slump.

What Chuck Berry did on stage wasn't cool.
When a guy takes the liberty of humiliating another guy in public when he owes him so much, that's called a BIG F..K, no matter how talented he is.

And let's not forget the time Chuck Berry hit Keith Richards because the latter had the outrageous idea of touching his Gibson in his dressing room...
Bis repetita: BIG F..K.

And let's not forget the camera he had installed in the ladies' room of his restaurant (which would have cost him over a million dollars in compensation to the victims)...
I still say: BIG F..K.

And beyond all that, Keith never held a grudge and continued to pay tribute to him all his life, although he did qualify: "I love Chuck Berry, especially when I'm away from him". :)  :)  :)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

StephenM

gros coup de pied ici JP... une très bonne reprise et vous l'avez totalement secouée...

aussi un enregistrement amusant et vraiment bon... le leader est en train de cuisiner...

major butt kicking here JP... a really great cover and you rocked it totally out...

also a fun and really good recording... the lead is cookin...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800