I Want To Know (Everything)

Started by The Gobi Desert Canoe Club, January 20, 2024, 09:11:39 AM

I Want To Know (Everything)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all, I haven't played much over the Christmas/New Year period due to family health problems and I strongly advise you all not to get old, anyway a very quick recording to try and get the fingers and the voice working, both with limited success. Willie

There was daylight pushing night time from my head
There was coffee that she'd made so strong next to my bed
And I wanna know every thing about you
Yeah I wanna know everything

She was standing in the hallway looking at the rain
She smiled as she said shall we meet again
'cos I wanna know everything about you

I really want to know if you're serious
Is there something in the future
For the two of us

Instrumental

I said everything's fine but lets take some time
Its gotta be right
It's looking good, I knew that it would
Can I to see you tonight
And I wanna know everything about you

Outro

recorder
Boss BR-800

Farrell Jackson

Willie, you mentioned that you did this recording quickly but you've achieved some excellent results! The opening harmony guitars are top notch. Cool vocals also!
Quote from: The Gobi Desert Canoe Club on January 20, 2024, 09:11:39 AMHi all, I haven't played much over the Christmas/New Year period due to family health problems and I strongly advise you all not to get old, anyway a very quick recording to try and get the fingers and the voice working, both with limited success. Willie

That is good advice Willie but I think I'm past the point of no return to heed your wise words, lol!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

godinqc

Really enjoyed listening to this song, great lyrics and great production ..
Also really liked the guitar solo and vocals.
Great work.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

right out of the gate this is beautiful like "Help Is On The Way" by a great Australian band known as Little River Band...

sounds like you still got it and then some... yeah... getting older has unique rewards and certainly challenges...

glad you are on the comeback though... the voice sounds wonderful still...
gorgeous work on the guitar.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Johnbee

Agree with Steve above about the Little River Band compare but it does have it's own all around groove so you're not stealing anything from them.  It's great to be hearing more and more from you, Willie.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

It's good to hear another song from you Willie. You have a unique sound with your songs and they're always performed and recorded so good. Lovely rhythm guitars and lead solos. I love the lyrics and vocals.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Mike_S

Yeah lovely stuff Willie. Like Steve says, right outta the box that opening dramtaic guitar melody means you are hooked right in on the spot. Vocal sounds great to me, but more than anything a great tune. You tell a fine story so often in your songs and I can always find myself picturing the scene. Beautiful.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

Quote from: The Gobi Desert Canoe Club on January 20, 2024, 09:11:39 AMI strongly advise you all not to get old

I just got a bit older and thought that it beats the alternative. I hope there's more positives ahead for you!

As far as music goes i don't think that you'll ever need to worry. Even if your voice would get more ragged and your fingers would refuse to work. You have the gift of painting pictures with your songwriting and things can only get deeper.

Great song as always. Tells a story. Draws the listener in and makes the world a better place for a short while (for 3:37 seconds to be precise).

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Pete C

Always a pleasure to hear one of your songs Willie. Love your style !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

hardlock

Nice one! Dig the vocal and guitar harmonies plus the progression transitions. Great listen! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure