That crazy lady love

Started by thetworegs, January 20, 2024, 03:54:34 AM

thetworegs

That crazy lady love
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I got up this morning with a tad of an hangover as we had some friends over for dinner. I decided to come and play a bit of piano to ease it. so I pressed the red button and tinkled away then I thought I'd try and add a few words. Normally I spill a stream of consciousness and then pick through it to get the start of the song but this time the whole thing just spilled out and this is a first take.
Loves a crazy lady who won't leave you alone
Once you touch she's gonna take you home
Not let you out she's gonna keep you locked in
That crazy lady is a sin
Love won't leave you
No Won't leave you alone
It'll eat you up get right  down deep in your soul
It'll never leave you
It'll never let go
It's like a vicious dog
Grabbing a bone
I wanted to leave
I wanted to get away
I didn't want to feel love again
I didn't want to feel the pain
But that crazy lady love she wouldn't let me go
How to get away I just didn't know

Break

I tried to run
Oh I tried to hide
But each time she found me
She found out I lied
I couldn't leave her
No I couldn't go
That crazy woman love
she just seemed to know
She got a bite like a cobra
Her poison was in me
That love I couldn't leave
I
I couldn't leave

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

T.C. Elliott

That's a cool piano part, really cool. Goes so well with your voice. I can picture a smoky hole in the wall... you're wearing shades and drinking a double scotch which is leaving a ring on the piano as you're playing. Man, the smell of cigar is super strong, too. And love won't leave us alone.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Mike_S

Quote from: T.C. Elliott on January 21, 2024, 06:57:33 AMThat's a cool piano part, really cool. Goes so well with your voice. I can picture a smoky hole in the wall... you're wearing shades and drinking a double scotch which is leaving a ring on the piano as you're playing. Man, the smell of cigar is super strong, too. And love won't leave us alone.

Great vision  8)

This is a real gem... hope it gets a few more listens/comments though it deserves it. Damn you are pouring it all out here. It's sooo good. Live and heartfelt. Damn it's good. Did I say that before, yes damn it but it's true. Awesome job Trevor.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Trist

Blimey that is one loud recording, its almost like your singing in my room, really like the tom waits style vocal on this blues track, and the lyrics are great. along with that great vocal , enjoyed

Pete C

Cool ! I'd love to be able to play the piano like that.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Ray Brookes

Great bluesy track, Trev. Cool piano playing and excellent vocal performance.
Ray Brookes

Pipes

Attacking piano which adds to the drama.

Full on with passion and delivery..

Great, gritty voice there to top it off nicely.

Nick

Zoltan

My comments seem to have vanished! Turns out just thinking about things doesn't yet translate into writing.

How can we live with this caveman like technology of ours?

That piano playing surely is dramatic, but so are the vocals. The tinklin' of ivories in the solo section is borderline lazy, but in a good way. It feels like the fingers are always near the wrong key, but like magic seem to hit the one that matters.

Dynamic vocal performance (that's to be expected from Reg) with lyrics that demand action.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

Trevor, you amaze me with how good your first takes and stream of consciousness recordings are!!!!! This is an exceptional performance...you're a star!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?