something better coming

Started by StephenM, January 19, 2024, 04:21:46 PM

StephenM

music mix
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This kicks ass and there is more coming to this into a different song... this is worthy of a listen I think... and I need to make up for that last thing...yikes...
I have really gotten even more weird... so this will grab me back towards center..

one epiphone nighthawk through the Boss ME-25 and some delay on the zoom board

one shecter bass clean setting on ME-25

Tama drums

I messed with this for 2 weeks and could not get it right at all but I liked the idea of it.  I did all the parts and kept scrapping and starting over... but this last time I started with the song in my head and then did a metronome kind of drum on the Tama and I did not know how long but I stopped around 4:30.... I ended up cutting off the start of the drums by mistake... but decided it works ok...

then I was able to get the guitar and bass.  I did the bass in first take... none of this is perfect but it is killer to my ears... and some further song coming from it I hope.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

lol I posted a off beat song and was thinking of you while listening to it Come back and see this This is screaming for Reg"s high octane vocals on the track I like it
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Ron D Bowes

Stonking chords. Rocking stuff with an almost tribal beat!!

godinqc

Keep on rocking  !@004 .. it reminded me of 80's metal .. really liked the beat and the guitars ..
Well done Stephen..
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Johnbee

There is clearly something unique in your style and delivery that makes me know from the first note that this is a Steven M work whether it be vocal or instrumental.  All the time you took with this was well spent.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Awesome Stephen. You really come up with some great rock chords and catchy riffs. The drums are brilliant too. I love it.  :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Mike_S

Top drawer riffing. I thought of A Robin Trower tune listening to this it has that type of groove. Great tone you are getting. Definitly worth the hard work. Every now and again a song is like that... seems difficult to work it to a finish, a bit like a puzzle you are stuck with but then find the answer. Yeah, mean riffing Steve.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

Quote from: Mike_S on January 21, 2024, 04:58:52 PMI thought of A Robin Trower tune listening to this

Yeah, that's it! That's what it reminded me of. And there's also a slight 80s metal vibe to it.

It doesn't need more cowbell. It needs more sighs!

Cool grooves and mean rock'n'roll moves!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Pete C

Well worth a listen as it is but this would sound great with some vocals. Love the guitar ! Bass is cool too...and the drums !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Ray Brookes

Cool rockin' instrumental, Steve and love that guitar sound.
Ray Brookes