No friends will ever make
Never changed the expression on his face
Just that unlucky break
The mother looks down at her son
What will he do when she is gone.

The mother looks down at her son
What will he do when she is gone.
Kisses him for the last time, her god will understand
Crying and gripping the pillow with both hands.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

you did it again but even in a bigger way this time Ray... what a vivid tale of the all to common heartbreaks of life.

really super bridge work or instrumental... wow... the whole thing is as good as anything I have ever heard.

love the backing vocals as well... then that clean guitar at around 2:13 and beyond... a superb idea and a great mix there... this is like the most beautiful woman on the world walks into a room of hundreds and everyone stops to look at her...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

thetworegs

Another beauty Ray loving that break down and that distant guitar

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ron D Bowes

Sad song and great production. Lovely full sound. Your'e lyrics are always thoughtful whether light or dark.

Farrell Jackson

These are some thoughtful lyrics about similar events that pop up in the headlines all too often. A sad tale but delivered beautifully with emotional vocals and all backed up with some fine music. I knew this already but it bares repeating, you're a super guitar player, Ray! 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

godinqc

Great work ,very emotional song and lyrics .. Also really liked the production and guitar work.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

Johnbee

The dynamic approach to the music puts it amongst some of your best yet.  They lyrics are so sad and weave a story so depressing that make us all ask a question as to whether the mother is wrong........or right?

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

The intro had me thinking I was in for a rock/ blues song, but I love the way you mixed it up. What a ride..another brilliant song Ray. The change in tempo and music is just brilliant. Had to listen a few times because I kept missing some lyrics as was listening to the music too much lol.
Lovely lyrics too. You're such a great storyteller.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Trist

as always you're a great storyteller Ray that makes the listener think, especially on this one . very different and interesting arrangment, a track that requires futher listening to catch all the cool music  and story.

Bluesberry

Great song!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!so much good stuff on here.....flipping guitar solo for the win......it's a beauty

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand