Sweet Regrets-1st for 2024

Started by Johnbee, January 17, 2024, 05:56:18 PM

Johnbee

Sweet Regrets
Time:
0:00
Volume:
First for the new year.  Hoping it will be a prolific one.

I think it was yesterday
when I tried to tell you
It never worked out the way
we wanted it to
And now we have sweet regrets
of something that should have worked out
Why it didn't is anyone's guess
Perhaps too much fear and doubt

Now looking back through the years
Wasn't as bad as we thought
We struggled to look past the tears
for the love that we sought
We wanted a perfect love
With adoration and trust
Apparently we were asking too much
When all our dreams turned to dust

And now we have sweet regrets
of something that should have worked out
Why it didn't is anyone's guess
Perhaps too much fear and doubt
A doubt we could overcome
if we cared enough to try it again
We should not end it before it's begun
It's strong enough to defend

c 2024 John Bowen Music

Enjoy!
:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ray Brookes

Got me from the start this one, John. Great intro and always love those drifting melodies you come up with. Production/arranging is ace and love what that bass is doing. All the instruments nicely placed in the mix and an interesting selection of instruments at that. (Jeez, that flute sounds so real)
Ray Brookes

Pete C

Great song to start the year. Well composed, well performed and well produced.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

karl1171

An interesting song as always, with surprises along the way. Great production and arrangement.

StephenM

the intro is great!  really cooking and does not prepare one for what is coming... it goes into the mellow JB for a time and then back into that slick groove...

The only artist i can possibly remember that reminds me of you is Chicago... they did songs with many meandering passages.  I listened to quite alot of them.... having said that, they had like 15 members so think about that next time you want to be down on your music...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

well this is great start to the new years and as other have said it catches you right at the intro
Well done brother
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Jarle

Love this. Great arrangement and instrumentation. Love the strings after the flute solo.
recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

well, I am enjoying this... I have it looping while eating dinner and man this gets better every single listen... there was a piece of musical literature by Emerson, Lake, and Palmer called "An Officer and a Gentleman." 
this gives me that same sort of feeling of engagement into the story... but with their song it was more into the story... your song really pulls me into the music with your vocals as part of that....
those winds are brilliant...

a fabulous piece of music John... wonderful!

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

From the get go i knew this was my jam. Those electric keyboard sounds are so funky yet stylish, and this was just the beginning.

Those sudden changes in the arrangement. Breathtaking!
I like all the emotional places the song is taking me. Cinematic, playful and soothing.

You were on a high level to begin with, yet it feels like you just keep on improving. It almost feels like there's a newly found confidence in your vocals and songwriting.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

thetworegs

loving the intro your recordings are always so clear an excellent arrangement an excellent start to the year

If Life is a dream then use your imagination