Something Stupid, old song by Franck Sinatra and his daughter, by JP

Started by Jean Pierre, January 14, 2024, 05:16:04 AM

Jean Pierre

SOMETHING STUPID render mp3
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Corné (the Physical Teacher) asked me if I could make him an instrumental backtrack to sing "Something Stupid" with his daughter.
It wasn't very complicated with the guys from BIAB, because unlike Mark Knopfler's "West upon a time in West" (that one I struggled with for hours!) the song is very "square", with a 4/4 time signature throughout and fairly simple harmonies.
On the other hand, I've always liked the double song originally composed by C. Carson Parks. It was originally recorded in 1966 by Parks and his wife Gaile Foote

Then of course covered by Sinatra with his daughter Nancy

...so I did the backtrack and then couldn't resist doing both voices  ;)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

the physics teacher

Like I said earlier nicely done and looking forward to do the song with my daughter thank you so much for the backing track.

Corné
I do have an elektic bass and guitar, i do have an acoustic guitar. I even have a keyboard and a Roland drum set What I seem to miss is skills. So to cure my at least 40y frustration I dicovered my instrument being my voice. So I finaly had the nerve to take singing lessons and make my voice heared thanks to Songcrafters.

Pete C

Very nice cover JP..I'm very familiar with this song as I was forced to listen to my parents'music until I started to develop my own taste in music. Frank Sinatra was probably top of their list.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Jean Pierre

Merci Pete
To tell the truth, Frank Sinatra isn't really "my cup of tea", but I still really like the old songs from the 30s and 50s, before the RnR wave and the Beatles wave that swept us all away to other ... let's say other sounds.
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

TPB

See you should have had your daughter to do this with you Okay that will be my request from you. This is nicely done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

I know this song... wow...

this was quite popular in the states at one time

what a great job JP

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

ODH

Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

kenny mac

Nice old vibe.
This is a hard track for you to do vocally as it's really quick and not in your 1st language so my hat goes of to you.
I couldn't do it.
As usual ,great musicianship.
Well done JP.

Pipes

Sweet  :)  can I sat that ;)

Lovely cover and quite sentimental

Excellent Indeed.
Nick