Tarantula - Creature fest

Started by ODH, January 12, 2024, 07:33:08 AM

ODH

Taran-Tula
Time:
0:00
Volume:
CreatureFest (banner image missing)

Recommend playing loud in a dark room, preferably with a joint. Song about a spider.

DM-1 drum machine, guitar and bass through the tiny practice amp, mic'd.

Tons of delay on the vocals.

A sound from freesound.org by bennathanras on an attribution licence

Being environmentally conscious, I recycled some lyrics from an old rock standard.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

cuthbert

Cool little ditty. I was expecting maybe a Boris (the Spider) reference, but didn't catch it.

Quote from: ODH on January 12, 2024, 07:33:08 AMDM-1 drum machine, guitar and bass through the tiny practice amp, mic'd.

I like how you did it this way. It feels more organic to me - more "air" - get those transducers humming.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

StephenM

this is so fun and i like your comments about the recycled lyrics...

I might be somewhat weird and creative but I think you got me beat hands down... cool you are posting more... the mix is fun, quirky and cool... reminds me of crazy stuff the Beat les did... only better..
I am straight right now but will have to revisit later under differing circumstances.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

Nice fun track but unfortunately it's not helping my arachnaphobia - anything bigger than a money spider freaks me out, especially those orb spiders with the big fat abdomens, yeuch! And that feeling you get when you walk through a web and you feel it on your face. I thought, this would be great if it ended in a scream and it did !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

TPB

Smoking fest entry we used to watch the tranantula curl up and roll like balls on a windy day always left them alone big fangs on them
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Zoltan

There's a lot of tarantula for a closer to a four minute song.

I dig it, but if i see a tarantula approaching i will squash it. Sorry. That's them rules.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ted

So far you are owning the Creature Fest!

The other day my daughter shrieked in the back yard and said there was a huge spider by the clothesline. I did my usual, "Don't be such a baby" thing. I wen't and looked at it and, holy shit, it was huge! Almost as big as my hand.

I love the naive feel of this – like some of the early experimental stuff that came out when punk was a little more creative.

Excellent.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Pru

wow creepy song and i should have listened to it with a joint

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I hate spiders, ( I also wrote a song about that) but I love this..yeah there's not much to the lyrics, ha, but it's repetitiveness is very catchy, it expands a bit more in the middle part, and the music builds up more and it sounds great. Nice ending, ( that's how I'd scream if I saw one)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.