What The Human Does - Destination Insanity

Started by Mike_S, January 01, 2024, 03:56:26 PM

Mike_S

What the Human Does
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hehe...

So I guess might as well start as we mean to go on:)

I know there might be still some delicate heads out there but hell this is what we do. Some more madness induced rock and roll from Destination Insanity. Steve sent me this quite a few weeks back but I slowed down in every sense over christmas. I got a momentary burst of energy probably about a week ago now and finished my parts on the track he sent. Then the alcohol fuelled lethargy set in again and only getting round to posting now.

Ok sorry I digress... the song: Steve laid down a real raw piece of energy... guitar, bass and drums and I went at it in the same spirit. I took a few lines I had written but not used previously, and added to them and did the vocals and added a guitar solo, taking care to keep it kinda primitive and raw.

Anyhow Destination Insanity gives you... "What The Human Does"

Cheers
Mike / Steve

You bury your head
You wear a disguise
You feather your nest
Covering up your lies

You rip up the past
Like it isn't there
You want your name up in lights
Looking for your share

You're doing
You're doing
You're doing
What the human does
To survive

Your life it is of no
No consequence
You think that you're safe
But there is no defence

You'll say anything
That they tell you to say
Guess you're just an animal
In the cold light of day

You're doing
You're doing
You're doing
What the human does
To survive

A collection of cells
You're no more no less
A meaningless journey
So why the pretence?

And when your time comes
And you wanna be saved
Will you be ok
With the choices you made?

You're doing
You're doing
You're doing
What the human does
To survive

recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

primitive and raw... that is a good description... yeah I see pigmies with spears on this one...

and I know there are only 2 genders... but there are more than a thousand genres and this is neither one of them... I don't know if this is trying to be old ZZ Top, Punk, or a different version of Thin LIzzy...but hey... for me I loved the Thin Lizzy version with the American Lead Guitarist Scott Gorham with the phenom of Ireland named Phil Lynott... and at times Mike's vocals remind me of him...I think it is a vibe...and he has it...kicking ass...
my favorite part of the music starts at 2:35

Mike's lead guitars are so good too...  thanks Mike for rocking out with me... yeah baby...yeah...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Yes sir...that's garage rock doneup proper...like Stooges.......proper..what a way to enter 2024.....with a wild statement like this...I have a feeling that 2024 is gonna be a wild ride....it all comes apart or comes together...or maybe both at the same time........we shall see.......wicked good rock and roll gents

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

hardlock

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Ron D Bowes

Very raw in your face rock and roll. Almost punkish in it's approach. Be great live!

Zoltan

Those primitive pygmies are on the loose again! Stephen has this softer side to him. And then there's this Animal side of him that makes him want to hit things like drums and pillows.

Mike keeps things from totally escalating by offering his voice of reason amidst all the musical chaos. Rockin' and raw. That's what you are. At least the song is :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

TPB

Chaotic madness this is a great rocker guys well done
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

thetworegs

Would be great live energetic and raw my kinda thing ....now back to work

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

allysonmarie

Definitely lyrics I love and the music itself fits the underlying frustration I sense with what's being said, like wanting to tear apart the way things are and way people just are--to break through it.

Ray Brookes

Rock on, Mike! Love this with the punk vibe a la The Stranglers (except your guitar work is better than them) Great track and great lyrics.
Ray Brookes