Bullion (maxit & greeny)

Started by maxit, December 31, 2023, 05:38:55 PM

TPB

Smooth as silk this should be playing on my phone next week when I am in the islands
Bravo
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Farrell Jackson

A very cool collab. gentlemen! It sort has a Warren Zevon vibe to me. Great vocals and words Tim! Maxit, the acoustic guitar gives the song a fun element. The tone on the solo is gritty and classy. Nicely done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ted

This was one of those "Stop, rewind, and put on the headphones" songs.

It does a something of a genre switcheroo, but it's very gradual. The main guitar style is almost folky. The crazy, fuzzy, tremolo slide guitar way over on the left gets replaced by some synth strings. And then the retro rock lead comes in over on the right. The honky-tonk piano appears on the left. The strings disappear. The fuzzy slide comes back. The drums and bass drop off. You've been on a journey, and you barely notice it.

Who is on bass here? It's a great bass tone, and the part is solid and simple – but not too simple or repetitive. I'll betcha anything this was the first take.

Great work!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

maxit

You re all right, as usual! Me and tim had just the Stones in mind (keith r8chards turned 80 just now, and ypu can hear his famous g tuning in the final section), and yes again, our version of the stones resemble zevon lol. Hey, i like the bassline too (it s me 9n the keyboard with a fender precision bass plugin: no first takes, long hours of back pain instead lol
recorder
Audacity

thetworegs

I agree with Bluesberry smooth real smooth

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Ray Brookes

Everything sounding great on this track. Cool lyrics and ace production.
Ray Brookes

Blooby

Lovely performances all around. There is a subtle sound under the verses. Can't place it because it is low in the mix but don't dare make it louder. Cool arranging.

Just the sentiment needed heading into the new year. Thanks for this.

Blooby

Ted

Quote from: maxit on January 05, 2024, 01:57:37 AMHey, i like the bassline too (it s me 9n the keyboard with a fender precision bass plugin: no first takes, long hours of back pain instead lol

I love it. I particularly like the mixture of long sustained notes and short staccato notes. It's subtle, but its one of the things that make the song hold your attention.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Jarle

Great collab. Nice harmonies and some really fine songwriting.
recorder
Boss BR-800