BR-800 driver update for MacOS / HOWTO use the Wave Converter 3.13

Started by ktran, December 31, 2023, 12:20:11 PM

Hi folks!

Much to my surprise, and after I'd basically given up hope, the BR-800 finally has driver support under Mac OS 13 (Ventura!). The new driver went up quietly, without any fanfare this month, and it means I no longer have to boot an older MacBook or Windows device to use the Wave Converter.

But... speaking of the Wave Converter

I can confirm that the 3.12 version of the Wave Converter works as-is with my M1 MacBook Air running 13.6.3, but it's no longer available for download from the BR-800 support page.

There's a new version, 3.13, but when I try to run the BRWC.app file, I get an error:

"The application BRWC can't be opened."

I tried a bunch of things, and it turns out... BRWC.app is actually a directory, and the BRWC program itself is missing its executable flags.

The easiest way to fix this is to open up a terminal session, and navigate through the BRWC.app/Contents/MacOs/ directory structure, and then do a chmod +x BRWC

This adds the executable flag to the BRWC program, and you should be able to run it. So far in testing everything works perfectly.

I would like to report this to Boss support, but I can't find any direct contact information.