Death of Loyalty - piano & voice

Started by allysonmarie, December 27, 2023, 07:03:24 PM

allysonmarie

15 Death of Loyalty
Time:
0:00
Volume:

I wrote this some time ago while leaving one bad job situation for another bad job situation. Working through the worst moments with music always helps. If you listen, thank you for your time. It's been a while since I've posted my own work here. I'm happy to see the site is still thriving and still great music being shared.

The slow roll. A tank over bones.
Hear the crush. I'm beneath alone.
Aware enough to watch it roll away,
But I'm too undone to feel the pain.

Cut through. Removed.
Exposed with deep disgrace.
My sacrifice meant nothing for the years I gave.
My very life meant nothing for the years I gave.
Unforgivable waste of time.

This world I've come to hate
Will never change. Never change.
This world I've come to hate
Will never change. Never change.
My sacrifice meant nothing for the years I gave.
My very life meant nothing for the years I gave. 
Unforgivable waste of time.

Geir

So good to hear some new music from you. Seems like you had a tough time and I'm glad you found a way to express yourself in this wonderful song.

Hope things are going better now.

You have such a strong voice. Hope to hear more from you soon!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

thetworegs

You have one powerful voice to this powerful piece hoping your next step will get you away from the fire

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Zoltan

I like the lyrics. Even a simpleton like myself can understand them. Those opening lines especially are such attention grabbers. The star of the track are the vocals. Like others have already commented, such a strong voice and a beautiful one too. There's a lot of depth to it.

The piano and the vocals combined have this dark quality to them that fits with the songs theme. You're really doing a lot with such a few musical strokes.

Great listen and hopefully the song has already helped with the healing.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

I dig your vibe.... the emotion is evident in everything you do.  I have purchased a couple of your CD in digital releases so I have listened to you on my playlist.  It feels like you are growing in the recording aspect as well... The piano sounds good too...

cool Allyson

the lyrics melt metal!  and something I have felt at times over my many, many years of work.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ron D Bowes

Good singing voice and good lyrics. Well composed piece but stripped down. Cool job. Trauma always brings out the music in musicians.

Johnbee

Such great emotion coming from such a powerful voice.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

SE

That's a great vocal delivery powerful and clear, which suits you piano a cool listen!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

allysonmarie

Quote from: Zoltan on December 28, 2023, 04:30:12 AMThe piano and the vocals combined have this dark quality to them that fits with the songs theme. You're really doing a lot with such a few musical strokes.
Great listen and hopefully the song has already helped with the healing.

Yes the heavier piano was intentional. I didn't want to distract and fill space as I tend to do with piano at times...lol  The music met me where I was at. Glad to be in a better space now for sure.

Thank you all for your time listening and kindness to comment. My recording set up has come a long way and I look forward to seeing what new can be crafted in the new year.

hardlock

Lovely song. Outstanding vocals and strong piano. Captured the mood perfectly!
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure