Gold Dust Woman (Fleetwood Mac) LITLR

Started by StephenM, December 26, 2023, 08:00:20 PM

StephenM

Gold Dust Woman
Time:
0:00
Volume:
so things on guitar got me here today... and I was going to learn this for open mic but it was raining so hard there was no way I was going to drive 40 miles to go so I did this instead... I kind of think it has some cool vibes... and I hope to go all the way with this...
but I am also planning to do this at open mic this week... I think it will go over well...
Les Paul playing with the fingers only...
and voice through a dynamic mic Senheiser and LITLR....

mixed on zoom L-20 and mastered using masterdesk tru peak.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

The sparseness of a LITLR performance is endearing Stephen. It takes on a more haunting vibe compared to the original. Along with your good vocal and the finger picked LP, this has a full sound. I think it will go over good at an open mic show. Well done! 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Blooby

Love the minimalist thing here. Oozes with vibe. There are many lessons contained herein.

Bluesberry

Yes sir...this is how to do it.....spooky sounding which matches the lyrics perfectly.....kinda stops you in your tracks somewhat...I was in the middle of doing all this stuff...daily tasks...take out the garbage kind of stuff....and I just happened to see my iPad......hit play ...boom...had to sit down and listen........beauty.....the garbage can wait...the kitty litter box can wait........that's the beauty of garbage...there is always more to take out.....great rendering of this great spooky song

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

Spooky and haunting. Not spooky as in ghosts & goblins, but rather in a desolate manner. The guitar and the voice. Man alone in the room. With shadows lurking in the corners. Memories haunting and second doubts coming back like waves.

You're really selling the song here. I'm sure it'll go down well in the open mic (If the people are able to calm down first. Perhaps set it up so they're not still waving their hands in the air when you start playing this :)).

Special mention goes to Bluesberry and the kittens (?).
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

I did this last night.  It was a pretty good crowd.  I started this with a lovely guitar piece I have been working on for a long time as an intro.  To be honest, I felt the crowd was uneasy with this... until I got to the chorus and then I hit the punk button and it all came to life... and it ended up soaring.  This was the first song I played and I followed this young guy with a piano that kicked ass so it was tough... but by the time I got to the ending with Richard Was a Dick I had everyone laughing and having fun...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

TPB

Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Jean Pierre

really excellent i also love this minimalite formula with just LP on the fingers
a real treat!
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

BerryPatch

Great, stripped back version of this classic that closed Rumors. It has a Neil Young feel, reminds of some of his more stripped back acoustic songs, like Will To Love. Very cool Stephen!

T.C. Elliott

I really love that sparse guitar. Your guitar and vocal take has an intimate feel that I like a lot.
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London