Nothing At All (live in the dining room)

Started by Bluesberry, December 26, 2023, 06:07:09 PM

Bluesberry

Nothing At All (Christmas 2023 jam)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
We Had my brother over for Christmas dinner. Keith had a bud over as well. After supper the guitars came out and we had ourselves a nice little kitchen party jam session. This song was captured using my phone, I brought it into Garageband today to add some organ on the choruses.

I started playing the chord progrssion and the others jumped in, I started singing whatever came to me for the verses and Keith joined in on the chorus parts....a little snapshot of our Christmas day jam.....live in the kitchen

Dave: rhythm acoustic guitar, vocals on the verses, organ from Garageband added post production
Keith: electric bass guitar, vocals on the choruses (channelling his inner Rick Danko)
Johnny (Keith's bud): lead electric guitar
Paul (my brother): lead acoustic guitar, howls and laughter

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

holy bat shit bat man i bloody love this... I have this big smile on my face... this sounds great... and for a just cool jam too... and that is quite tight...
and I love ad libed songs like you did Dave... that is so funny... "the manager showed me right to the door, keep moving upward"....

so fun... and so good... that doesn't sound ad libed... do this more... man it is good... howling...and all the instruments are played and mixed just right...well done! well done!  bravo!!1

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

StephenM

satisfying.... so very satisfying.... yes... oh yes... those changes are great too... wow...what a cool bunch to hang out with... very n synch... a tribe... yes... vibe tribe... tribe.... tribe...so good and so satisfying...
something about Canadian musicians man.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

des0free

Sounds like fun times - I hear the joy.  And you can probably turn the output of this impromptu jam in into a polished song if you want  %)! 
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

hardlock

Very tasty! DLing now to jam along with percussion! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Geir

This could have been a lots track from the basement tapes.

Really a great song to emerge from a jam.

Would have loved to have been a fly on the wall

Well done all of you
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Johnbee

So this was spontaneous?!  Wow! What a group of talented people. Glad everyone had fun. (I guess $5.00 would buy you about a cupful of gas nowadays). ;)

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Zoltan

Nah, i'm not having any of that.

Who do they think i am? Gullible i ain't! This is the Band doing their Music from the Pink Canada sessions. The fact that it was recorded a bit later and by the Bluesberries + 1 doesn't change a thing.

Tell me no lies and i shall... remain from all kinds of nonsense? Easier said than done.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Jarle

What a great jam. Sounds like you had a lot of fun. Well done to all of you.
recorder
Boss BR-800

Ron D Bowes

What music is all about. Having fun and interacting. Nice one and sounds like a cool Christmas!!