"Mr. Slick" Original

Started by Johnbee, December 24, 2023, 05:14:43 PM

allysonmarie

I love how this was put together. The start draws you in and my interest never let up. Exactly what I love. 

Bluesberry

Sounds like you got Moe Koffman on flute and sax....very smooth and exciting music

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Zoltan

Quote from: Johnbee on December 24, 2023, 05:14:43 PM(I know Steven M and Zoltan will love it)

You're not wrong! This is all kinds of wonderful :)

It's playful and stylish. It has that JohnBee vibe to it that makes it recognizable, but it seems to continue in the more playful / relaxed route you've seem to have taken as of late.

Seriously great stuff and certainly worth waking up for!

As for the number 13. It's a lucky number. Just flow with it :)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ron D Bowes

The curse of the musician - the past midnight desire to get an idea down before you forget it!!! This is cool on many lavels. love the flute sound and the main riff. Nice sax too and that bass is not to be ignored

BerryPatch

Super catchy riff! When the sax comes in I get Vand Der Graff Generator vibes, really lovely arrangements and touches. The quieter bridge section is awesome to, I love that chord sequence!

Johnbee

Hi. Allysonmarie, Bluesberry, Zoltan, Ronnie and BerryPatch, thanks so very much.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!