Don't React...Just Act (acoustic fingerstyle instrumental)

Started by Bluesberry, December 21, 2023, 07:04:40 PM

Bluesberry

Don’t React…Just Act
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Instr2023 (banner image missing)

With time running out on this Instrumenatal Fest I thought about writing an acoustic fingerstyle song....gave me an excuse and motivation to play my guitar a bunch...Once I had figured out the basic structure, I had to play this many, many times to get it somewhat fluid so I could record it ...finally sat down and recorded it tonight on my La Patrie Etude Classical Guitar (Godin)....recorded in "the attic" ***.......I play this guitar more than any other of my guitars, I just love this thing...Recorded via Sure MV51 USB condenser mic into my iPad in Garageband...enjoy.

***see post further down this thread for pictures of "the attic"

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

64Guitars

Excellent composition and great playing. And the La Patrie sounds great. Did you add some reverb or did you record it in a bright room?

I don't know if La Patrie guitars are still being made. The brand isn't listed anywhere on the Godin website. And when I try to go to the La Patrie website it redirects to the Godin page for nylon string acoustics, with no mention of the La Patrie brand. There is an Etude on that page but it's branded Godin rather than La Patrie. Seems like they've dropped the La Patrie brand and are only using the Godin brand now for their nylon string guitars.

recorder
Zoom R20
recorder
Boss BR-864
recorder
Ardour
recorder
Audacity
recorder
Bitwig 8-Track
     My Boss BR website

Geir

Oh my.

Dave this is spectacular. The composition is fabulous. So many interesting twists and turns held together by this wonderful melodic theme.

And the performance is stellar.  Man you've come a long way. 

The recording is perfect. It sounds like it's recorded I a small venue with the audience sitting silently in awe.

Well done my friend.  Well done indeed!!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

hardlock

Very nice arrangement and performance. Along with all the other good things everyone is saying, this composition stands out as a truly wonderful experience to hear. I can relate to what it takes to get through a demanding song like this as I can't finger-pick more than a couple measures without screwing up! Kudos! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

thetworegs

Beautiful playing perfect for this rainy windy morning over here across the pond

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Zoltan

And enjoy i did! This is such a treat. I just come out from the cold with wind blowing my face and snow slowly pummeling me down into the ground... And found this.

That's some fine playing. I can hear the work you put into not only the performance, but also on the composition. This works as a great reminder that some of us do put the effort and are real musicians! For the others like me i think the title "Don't react... Just Act" speaks volumes :D

I would imagine you've used a somekind of a reverb on this one, or otherwise you have a mighty fine room at your disposal. And in that case perhaps you should capture the room and share it for all to enjoy! (This might have sounded like scifi a few cogwheels ago, but nowadays it's reality).

Imagine the world with not only Sunset Sound Studios reverb plugins, but the sounds from the Green Trailer, and the immaculate ambience of Mr Bluesberrys living room.

I'd buy that. So please don't tell me it's a stock plugin from Garageband. I would know if you're lying... ;)

Also although i could never reach these highs... This makes me ache for a nylon strung. And it might come out as a sad confession, or a crime against instruments, but the last nylon strung i had i bashed on the side of a garbage bin and feeded it to the rats. It was an old Landola that was missing one tuning peg.

Getting back on track. This surely is a great one Mr Bluesberry. Great playing, great songwriting. All around great dude.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Lovely instrumental and the acoustic guitar sounds great,  you play it so well. Great fingerpicking. 
Really nice melody and arrangement. :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Blooby

I would buy an album of this. Perfect drizzly day music. Really well done. Strong melodies.

I am a sucker for a nylon string.

Blooby

Bluesberry

Quote from: 64Guitars on December 21, 2023, 07:56:18 PMAnd the La Patrie sounds great. Did you add some reverb or did you record it in a bright room?
Quote from: Geir on December 21, 2023, 08:45:33 PMThe recording is perfect. It sounds like it's recorded I a small venue with the audience sitting silently in awe.
Quote from: Zoltan on December 22, 2023, 03:50:59 AMI would imagine you've used a somekind of a reverb on this one, or otherwise you have a mighty fine room at your disposal. And in that case perhaps you should capture the room and share it for all to enjoy! (This might have sounded like scifi a few cogwheels ago, but nowadays it's reality).

Imagine the world with not only Sunset Sound Studios reverb plugins, but the sounds from the Green Trailer, and the immaculate ambience of Mr Bluesberrys living room.

I'd buy that. So please don't tell me it's a stock plugin from Garageband. I would know if you're lying... ;)

Speaking of the room where this was recorded...... pics of the music room...it's an attic on the top level of our house...It has been transformed into a jam space and home studio over the years as gear kept arriving....nowadays Keith uses this space 90% of the time...lol....he has buds over and they jam up here ....we also record most of our stuff up here...nice and private and roomy.....cosy even...and really nice natural reverb......I did add a pinch of stock reverb in GarageBand for good luck but the bulk of the reverb is from the room itself I believe.......thanks for all the great comments...I love fingerpicking......it's like my meditation...stress reliever......it's my favourite way to play guitar.......it puts me into a zone for sure...I know when I am getting into the zone when I start to drool a little bit....thats the sign of a good session.....

IMG_1747.jpegIMG_1749.jpeg 

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Lurker

Sublime.

Look up the word -- even if you know what it means. This piece is like a fresh reading of that definition.