Hungry for Love

Started by Ron D Bowes, December 20, 2023, 07:29:39 AM

Ron D Bowes

Hungry for Love (short version)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
My last (complete) song for the year. Original version was about a minute longer, but I edited it down to this version. Sometimes less is more!

Farrell Jackson

I dig that big, deep bass that you are getting here, Ron! The overdriven rhythm guitars compliment one another. Some real fine vocals with a great hook with that huge chorus. Well done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

the bass is enormous... but I wasn't noticing that as much until I read Farrell's comments.  But he is right it sounds great.  The first time I heard this I personally love that electric rocking blues crunchy guitar... I listened to alot of early ZZTop and I mean alot... and that guitar thing of Bill Gibbons hit me in the off here... it just sounds so great to me Ron...
many of your songs remind me of some great southern rock bands but I also see why people use the Stones comp alot...
at the end of the day though this is all Rockin Ron Bowes... I like to hear songs where an artist plays pretty much everything.. has unique vibes..
"when she smiles I feel good inside"..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Johnbee

Love that bass, man!  Terrific!

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

StephenM

that ending is spectacular... so perfect

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

You can take the roll out of stones, but you can't take the rock out of Ron. That bass sound. It's huge, but so are the guitar riffs. Nothing in this one is mild, or tame. It's a medium tempo rocker with a lots of energy. Big vocals and even bigger backing vocals.

Wunderbar!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Bluesberry

This is a pure expression of classic rock soul.......its dripping with rock soul........

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

Love that Kossoff vibrato. Great tune with a vibe to match. Has cool Stonesy vibe with regard to playing behind the beat. Well done.

Blooby

thetworegs

That guitar tone gets the ooh yeahs going this morning another beauty Ron

If Life is a dream then use your imagination