Magma (instrumental)

Started by alfstone, December 20, 2023, 05:01:35 AM

alfstone

Magma_mixdown master
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Instr2023 (banner image missing)

Someway inspired by the music of Afro Celt Sound System.  :)

Alfredo

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Tascam DP-24
recorder
Logic Pro
recorder
Adobe Audition
http://soundcloud.com/alfredo-de-pietra 
http://www.flickr.com/photos/26939208@N03/

Blooby

Exceptionally cool vibe with this. Strong melody.  Very cinematic. I see aerial shots of slow motion birds, but I am also deficient in the area of mind to the tune of one.

Blooby

karl1171

Very atmospheric and lots going on. Guitar is quite Santana-ish

Farrell Jackson

This instrumental soars with a soundscape that takes me from the bottom of a deep blue sea to the top of a snow covered mountain. I really like the melody and tone of the Santana styled lead guitar. Excellent Alfredo!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

I dig the name without ever hearing it yet... but I already heard this and it sounds good... I love the off bass guitar thing... it reminds me of a great track from Mister Mister "Take These Wings"... it was a big song here one year...
but the dreamy keyboard and the soaring lead elevate this out of the land of the horizontal and launch this into the highest vertical places.... the magma pours out from the stone powered by that pulsing beat... The spirit of this is projected way way up by the power which is smoothed out by the wonderful guitar..

very atmospheric.. the kind of track I stay for at the end of a movie while it plays...and the kind I search and download later.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Johnbee

The beat is infectious and the atmosphere is strangely relaxing.  Great guitar work.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Mike_S

Lovely piece Alfredo. It gave me slight Van Gelis feel, maybe it's those great keyboards. After a while it veered into a kinda Mike Oldfield sound. It's a really lovely melody and I like the tone of the lead guitar. I also like how you bring the volume on the lead up, or spotlight it in the mix later on. Great stuff.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Very cool indeed.

Like a soundtrack to a thousand marching men with elephants carrying their guitar players
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ray Brookes

Great soundscape and excellently produced. Nice use of the synths and infectious beat.
Ray Brookes

Bluesberry

Quote from: Geir on December 21, 2023, 03:50:44 PMLike a soundtrack to a thousand marching men with elephants carrying their guitar players
This is my last listen tonight before I go to sleep land....so I will dream of this image as I drift off .......sweet instrumental...very pro and beautiful

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand