Sliding Doors (with vocals) By Flash Harry and Oldrottenhead

Started by Oldrottenhead, December 17, 2023, 01:11:15 PM

Oldrottenhead

Sliding Doors with vocals - 17 12 2023, 19.36
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Flash is off home, we did this as an instrumental today, i remixed it a little bringing Mike's lead down in the mix to allow space for vocals.Then brought some lead parts back up for solos. My Rode NT1A was refusing to work, i think it got rained on, hopefully it can be dried out. So i had to use a USB Mic which is a bit less user friendly, but you use the tools you got eh?

Anyway it is what it is.

Life's Tapestry
Weaves intricate patterns
Friendly whispers
Subtle Shadows
Fluid moments
Through Sliding doors

In Harmony In unison
Through sliding doors
Open minds Open hearts
Let's dance Let's play

Brush strokes of emotion
Both stark and faint
In an abstract dance
To an unknown symphony
Weird connections
Through sliding doors

Psychic melodies
As if by chance
From thin air
To reality
Into existence
Through sliding doors
Music
by
Flash Harry and Oldrottenhead
Lyrics
by
Oldrottenhead

oldrottenhead
drums
bass Guitar
HB 12 string
and vocals
Flash Harry
fender Telecaster
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

thetworegs

The lyrics work a treat with the double vocals is that Mike with the ball grabbing bee gee vocal ....love it

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

karl1171

TPB

This has that David Bowie vibe sounds great now I off the hear the other version  nice mixing to add the vocal
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Pete C

recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Zoltan

You're not a tool when you're using the tools you have! A phrase no one wanted to hear, or expected, but you're all welcome!

I think the vocals sound fine. In fact there's an layer of upfront grittiness to them that makes them sound better than usual. Maybe less produced sounding, but more real. Less up tight in a way. More rocking.

The song itself is very cool. It really grabbed me from the get go. I'd go as far as to say that this is one of the best Old Rot Hed and Flash Harry songs i've heard.

Re: Sliding Doors. Have you seen that movie with Gwyneth Paltrow? Who would have known what a cook(y) woman she'd become! Maybe it all happened because of the Sliding Doors.

Final shout out to Rode that didn't rode it out, but called it quits when it was time to shine!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Jarle

recorder
Boss BR-800

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Great song, music and lyrics. The vocals do have a bit of a Bowie vibe I agree.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

hardlock

Wow, the instrumental was great and now this. Very good song(s)! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Yeah nice work, the vocal works very well in my opinion. Excellent collaboration.    Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800