Sliding Doors (Instrumental) by Oldrottenhead and Flash Harry

Started by Oldrottenhead, December 17, 2023, 06:30:07 AM

Oldrottenhead

Sliding Doors - 17 12 2023, 12.52
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Instr2023 (banner image missing)

i had a visit from the good Sir Flash to celebrate my birthday. Whilst he was here he got all my HB guitars and fine tuned their settings, i might be able to play my 12 string now. Oh wait i used it on this one.
A wee jam we had at rotten towers for the instrumental festival. i played some bass guitar and lead on the 12 string and Mike played lead and rythmn on the fender tele.
Sliding Doors

Music
by
Flash Harry and Oldrottenhead
oldrottenhead
drums
bass Guitar
and HB 12 string
Flash Harry
fender Telecaster
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

thetworegs

I'm surprised theres no vocal to me it's an excellent track but screaming out for one ...... you know you want to do one James ... don't you ?

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

StephenM

it's great as an instrumental.. but as Trev says this could easily get some great vocals on it...

but I am sure you were just really enjoying each others company..

a really nice feel..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

Stellar funky vibe here! I love that rhythmic guitar right up from, the mix is done thoughtfully so nothing oversteps anything else. I really dig all the subtle parts thrown in as well. A great collab!

Geir

That is smooooooooth.   

Funky mellowness or is it mellow funkiness? .... with some lovely melodic licks added for good measure.

I need to get to that rotten tower and inspect the plethora of new gear since I last visited
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

kenny mac

You got da funk.
Excellent vibe there,you guys had a ball by the sounds of it.
Nice one.
Nice tight funky playing.

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Geir on December 17, 2023, 10:48:18 AMThat is smooooooooth. 

Funky mellowness or is it mellow funkiness? .... with some lovely melodic licks added for good measure.

I need to get to that rotten tower and inspect the plethora of new gear since I last visited
my toysIMG_3576.jpeg
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: thetworegs on December 17, 2023, 07:04:18 AMI'm surprised theres no vocal to me it's an excellent track but screaming out for one ...... you know you want to do one James ... don't you ?
here you go https://songcrafters.org/forum/index.php?topic=34408.0
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
- Robert Schumann

karl1171

I really like this.

I keep finding myself writing 'that remids me of Pocupine Tree' on several comments, but it does! When I listened to the PT track I was thinking of however its totally different!

Right I'm going to listend to the vocal version now...

hardlock

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure