City of Cathedrals (Instrumental)

Started by karl1171, December 17, 2023, 03:58:38 AM

karl1171

HashBrn 160
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Instr2023 (banner image missing)

Just managed to get this finished for Instrumentals Fest, this is an all new one rather than an idea from ages ago that never got developed. I fancied trying something with a twin lead guitar line.

It had a working title of Hash Browns, I thought they deserved a mention as I've got other 'food' songs in my collection ( Green Onions, Rice Pudding, Red Red wine, Chocolate Cake etc...) I've got to though say, it is a bit cheesy, hence the final title: For those who don't know, Cathedral City is brand of cheese in the uk  ;D

Rhythm Guitar -  Cubase Amp simulator
Leads and Solos - AXP Flextron
Keys - DSK ChoirZ and GSi Organized Trio vsts

kenny mac

Nice guitar tone and guitar work.
Love the dual guitar work.
There's a chord change or two in there that I wasn't expecting.
This would not be out of place in a film.
Cool track.
Alot of food based tracks your working on,you a chef ? ;D

Geir

I also love harmonised guitars

A tasty track indeed

Well done.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

StephenM

oooo those harmony leads are so sweet... I liked Thin Lizzy did that and many others..
plus I like the pulse of the song..
it is sort of Zep pulse but the music is more like very early Styx to me... like before they got on the radio or just after.. Stuff like the Serpent is rising or Styx II or Equinox perhaps...

forget the comps.. the pumping bass works a charm for that guitar solo...

massive job man... making me feel warm inside.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

BerryPatch

Awesome instrumental Karl! Those harmonized guitars sound amazing and the I love that massive rhythm guitar. Great soloing and excellent mix, it has a late 80s Steve Vai feel to me.

StephenM

back for another listen as this is really solid and I really love the lead guitar alone... but all the rest fits it perfect... take a bow...

a real belter

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Vanncad

Well, you had me at "Hash Browns" (my favourite breakfast food - especially when sprinkled with Creole seasoning), but you kept me with this cool instrumental.

The rhythm track is infectious, the guitar tones are great, and you playing/composition is really well put together.

P.S. - I hate cheese, but I still think this is a top job!  ;D
It ain't pretty being easy.

Okay to Cover

Johnbee

Nice big sound.  Great arrangement.  Who's doing the background vocals?

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

karl1171

Quote from: Johnbee on December 18, 2023, 07:45:22 PMWho's doing the background vocals?

:) John B

No microphones taken out their boxes here, its all from the ChoirZ vst. I had a different vst for this initially but it wouldn't render to an audio track in cubase, so I downloaded this one which turned out to sound better anyway :)

hardlock

This pushes all my buttons! Love it! Great entry in the fest! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure