Perfect Day (Lou Reed)

Started by Zoltan, December 12, 2023, 12:18:29 PM

Zoltan

Perfect Day (Morning After edit)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Just a perfect day, but not a perfect cover!

I was well on my way of sketching this (with barebones midi chords) until i noticed that the reason everything felt weird was because the song was supposed to be in 3/4.
Instead of having any real pulse, or rhythm the track just slowly stumbles from one side to the other like a drunk. I gave up on this, but had to document it to avoid similar mistakes in the future.

At least i got this image for my troubles:

LouReed.jpg

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

indeed the timing makes a difference.... something I still am learning...lol

still I like the vibe of this...

and your voice makes me take a nice deep breath... it is relaxing... and that is a great thing.

music sounds nice... but all sorts of people can play but no body has your voice exactly...

document on

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

I think if you'd not mentioned the timing I'd have passed it off as you just putting your own spin on the sound. Same has happened to me on a couple of occasions - started recording with a 4/4 beat and couldn't understand why it didn't sound right until I googled the timing and found it was 3/4 or 6/8 in another case. Does the BR80 have a waltz rhythym to use as a guide?

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Jean Pierre

I've just listened to Kenny Mac's version and now Zoltan's.

I couldn't choose, the two versions are so different

bravo Zoltan and Kenny
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

TPB

I have a hard enough time  in 4/4 time very nice your vocals shine on this one
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

Mike_S

Yes I hear you Zoltan, but I started reading your comments on my 2nd listen. It never occured that it was in a different time sig. Listening here on headphones it sounds very heavy maybe even more so without the slight swing of the 3/4 beat. Yeah it is heavy... I like it :) Oh and this one is made for you to sing.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Bluesberry

Love the sound of this...spooky even.......the 4/4 timing gives it a dragged out and weary feeling...super fine.....I love this crazy album from LR.........it spooks me sometimes and you caught some of that spook...and yes, you were born to sing this.....it's your birthright

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand