You Lift Me-Original

Started by Johnbee, December 08, 2023, 06:22:37 PM

Johnbee

Hey, Cuthbert, Tim, Zoltan, Steven, Pru, Pete C, Berrypatch and Mike S-  Thanks all so much for your comments and listening.  Just reminding you again there is a new mix that I updated at around 18:44 on Saturday 12/9/23.  Revisit it if you'd like.  In the remix I used a different drum kit, boosted the choir and modified the string ensemble to fill it out a bit more.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Ray Brookes

My niece has already remarked what a great soulful song this is and I second her opinion. Excellent writing/performing/producing.
Ray Brookes

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Great intro. Love that piano playing. Yeah very soulful sounding.
A great song, music and lyric wise. Nice vocals.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ron D Bowes

Always love your tracks JB. Great piano work and great lyrics and vocal delivery. Top notch songwriting!!

Geir

This is really lovely and from what I read you did make the melody in addition to the words and a wonderful one it is.

A great listen.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Blooby

I understand where you are coming from as I will occasionally build a track from loops for a change, but the vocal performance and melodies are so strong, I would get past it quickly. Really enjoyed this.

Blooby

hardlock

This is a different vibe then your other songs I think. More pop than ballad maybe? This may be be the best style for your amazing talents. 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

chapperz66

I agree with Zoltan - use whatever tools you want. Whatever else you used, your vocals and lyrics make this a piece of which you should be proud.

The harmonies are top notch.

Paul

thetworegs

loving the sound of that piano.... a well put together track....with a good vocal  what more can we ask for

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Johnbee

Glad you guys are diggin' this one.
Thanks for listening, Ray, Darren, Ron, Geir, Blooby, Hardlock, Paul & Regs

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!