Aliens Don't Need Spaceships (Instrumental)

Started by StephenM, December 08, 2023, 04:28:31 PM

StephenM

Aliens Don't Need Spaceships
Time:
0:00
Volume:
they don't.... the frequencies do the tricks... and not all Aliens are bad...

this is better after having some whiskey or maybe a bit of weed or whatever... and this is what we used to call "head music"...

How can I go back to being the same old cover dude?  I can't and its totally ok to be a weird player if I am being true to what is inside at the moments.. so this is legit..lol

this started with bass guitar.. I really like building off bass... and I think I am better at bass overall than any other instrument except maybe harmonica... but that one just came natural... I don't have to put that much effort into it and I can play tons of songs, more a melody player though... however i don't record that much with it as I like harmonica more for sing alongs and with groups more... and it fits more what I play too...

but I have played bass longer than others even though I started on guitar first

so this was clean guitar, I did use the Nighthawk and the ME-25 but two clean settings
The Shecter bass came first and then the left rhythm guitar track.  The the drums... the right guitar track... then I got into the Alien thing with the keyboards...

also I got a bit of time I didn't anticipate this afternoon to practice and record and I mixed this old school on the Zoom board and mastered in audacity with CLA mix downAliens Don't Need Spaceships.mp3

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

It was a dark and cold night. I was listening to Stephen doing the three-handed tango with the aliens.

Suddenly i was floating. My stomach hurt after eating too much chocolate. Perhaps it was the blanket that was floating...

Head music? Or music to watch spaceships go by. Enjoyable ride i must say.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Bluesberry

Absolutely perfect groove going down here.....you caught it......magic flying carpet kind of groove...or is that Zoltans blanket ....hard to tell from these lofty heights...great work dude

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pete C

Cool stuff Stephen, listening to it made me think of a recurring dream I've often had where I'm watching weird futuristic vehicles flying past and nobody sees them except me and I try to video them and there's nothing on the video.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

BerryPatch

Wicked bass! It's got a Phil Lesh style playing going on. I love the "floating" quality to the music as well. The mix sounds so full and lively! Another great one Stephen

Johnbee

Like hell they don't need spaceships!  ;)

Very intriguing piece of music.  Sounds like a sci fi or monster movie theme. "Invasion of the Kangaroo People"

;)  :) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Talking of aliens, sometimes your music is from another dimension..and I mean in a good way.
This is a brilliant instrumental Stephen. Love the way it builds up, all the different layers of music.

Would make a good soundtrack to a sci-fi film.
Great playing and composing all round. :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ron D Bowes

Every now and then I like to build from bass - it gives me some new avenues. This is a very cool instrumental. Like the vibe very much. Harping (no pun intended) back to the great space rituals of the 70s

Geir

Groovy baby!!  8)

This one has got a cool intergalactic warmth about it.

This is what dreams are made of.

Aaaaaaaahhhhh. Lovely
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Blooby

This has a very late night live jam feel to it, which I happen to dig mightily.  Really moody.

Blooby