Rebel Yell (Dance Pop version)

Started by Zoltan, December 07, 2023, 11:39:56 AM

Zoltan

Rebel Yell (Dance Pop Edit) v2
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This might not be the right way to do a cover of this Billy Idol classic. I mean i threw most of the good stuff away :)

I experimented with some filter ideas and that lead to this.

Edit: added V2 with Rockman x100 outro. It's a bit goofy. I must revisit :D
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Ray Brookes

This is a great cover. You've captured the intensity of the original and made it your own. Those synths sound great and excellent production.
Ray Brookes

Bluesberry

Fantastic...I always loved this kooky song......a right proper MWH (Men Without Hats) muscled reinvention for the modern times.........yell it to the moon.....yell it to the firmament....yell it to the mountains

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Geir

Even your "demos" sound so good.

I dig your voice and your production skill are superb.

You have a rockman? A reissue or an original?

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

StephenM

man alive I love this song and a few other Bill Idol's...

this fits you perfect...
you and Darren G are the synth kings on SC that I can think of...
I love synths too but haven't gotten to go down to that rabbit hole enough yet...
I need a true synth... I want one... I need one...
I would use this as a track to sing with and then rip out a lead...
ooooooo

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Sorry for bumping my own... but

Quote from: Geir on December 07, 2023, 03:56:29 PMou have a rockman? A reissue or an original?

It's the original. There's no reissue of x100. There are only reissues of those simpler ones that don't have all the components and sound quite different.

To my knowledge it's down to having so many components (some of which are hard to find?) that it doesn't make sense to reissue as is. Takes too much time to put together. There's lots of info about the insides on Rockman FB groups.

BTW it can sound quite good, but the recording i did was stereo into mono which makes it sound a bit constipated. It's better to run it in stereo, or just use L, or R.

It's instant 80s.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Pete C

I heard your first version a few days ago and meant to go back and comment but I'm glad I didn't or I might have missed the version 2 with the 80's guitar added. Great how you've transformed the song into a Eurodisco number !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800