Remember by BerryPatch (Instrumental Fest)

Started by BerryPatch, December 02, 2023, 10:18:21 PM

BerryPatch

Remember
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Instr2023 (banner image missing)

At long last, here's an entry for instrumental fest from me ;D. I tried to get a 'midwest emo meets Radiohead' vibe going using my trusty Hagstrom for all the guitar tracks. I got to use my new Epiphone Embassy bass on here too, along with a smattering of the Strymon Deco pedal (in the second half of the song, I got lazy and just DI'd the guitars with the Deco, which actually sounds pretty sweet with no amp!). I may come back to this and tinker with the mix but, as it stands, I'm fine with how it sounds. Enjoy...

Hagstrom Impala
Epiphone Embassy Bass
Korg keyboard
Blues Jr Amp mic'd with Shure SM 57
E-Bow on some guitar tracks
Pedals: Strymon Deco, Boss Blues Driver and Compressor/Sustainer, JHS Octave Reverb
Garageband drums

Ray Brookes

This sounds great young Mr.Berry. Love that jingling guitar sound and the track is full of cool melodic lines along with a nice inventive bass keeping it all together. Great FX on the guitars and excellent musicianship.
Ray Brookes

kenny mac

Love it when the drums kick in and it all springs to life.
Great guitar tone.
Nice bass work as well.
Around about the 1.40 mark that guitar kicks in then the other additional tones build and build.
E-bow sounds fab
Excellent.

Pete C

Really enjoyed this, some lovely guitar tones and effects. Well worth a listen

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

the guitars sound fab to me... I like DI

the bass is extraordinary. 

the drums are perfect.

a beautiful and perfect instrumental... 3rd listen already and it gets better every time.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Farrell Jackson

A cool beginning and the song just builds and builds from there! The twinkle of the picked rhythm guitar is perfect. Great bass/drums and I enjoyed the vocal ooo's, oh wait, that was the ebow, lol, a real nice touch! The pedal/DI'd guitar lead had the sound of a mic'ed amped to my ears. Well done Keith!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Loving this, top class production and musicianship, really enjoyed the listen. Willie
recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

I've learned my lesson when it co es to your post. Might as well download it at once. So I did.

And it's on repeat. Listening for nuances I missed last time I heard it.

It's beautiful. It's uplifting in a sort of melancholic way.

Love it.

That bass sound is perfect, must check out that embassy thing.

Lovely melodic perfection

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

hardlock

This is a fine song all around. Great blended tones and builds. Playing is super as always. Very enjoyable listen! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

TPB

Got my head bobbing had to listen a couple times to catch everything there is a lot to take in
tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away