Hardlock crunchy Blue

Started by TPB, December 01, 2023, 07:23:04 PM

TPB

crunchy blue
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Well he let me play with his track hope i did not screw it too bad, every thing Hardlock but vocals and harp had trouble with finding the right keyed harp
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

hardlock

Sounds great Tim! Thanks for this.

On the harp key, I flunked theory but the chords generally are E(7), Am(7) something and Dm something (or 1st inversion G?) I guess w/o looking them up.

So can't tell you what key the song is in let-alone what harp key to use since I read they don't exactly match the song key?

All is above my pay grade but would be curious to know which harp you used to better understand the concept. ::)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

TPB

Normally for cross harp I would use D but it sounded a tad off so I tried G still off so ended up using a A harp probably need a F key the only key I did not have. Promise I will do much better next time
Tim
Life is not about the number of Breathes you take, it is the amount of times your breathe is taken away

StephenM

A blues man was telling the other night that if a song were in say the key of G then the harp used, to be blues harp would be a C and the way it is played is somewhat different. 
I am a very good harmonica player but I don't know a thing about blues other than what I find to be that way inside me..
however I did try what he said and it worked.. so I am going to research a bit more about this.  Not that I am ever too worried about doing something by the book per se!

anyway, I like this alot now... it was really an excellent track before but this musical venture really works... the harp sounds fine to my ears but I really love the vocals against that guitar and rhythm...
great progression.
more like this please

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Geir

Coooool

The harp works just fine

Great vocals

Oh yeah. I dig it
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Pete C

Great collab guys !

Interesting to hear about harps and keys..something I never got into but whatever you used sounds great. Love the guitars and that crunchy tone !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

I am reading about the harp and trying to figure the key etc, but i honestly would not have noticed any issues. this sounds great to me, the harmonica sounds great. lovely mellow blues workout. great late night blues track and those vocals are bang on Tim

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Johnbee

According to my research it depends on the mode (or position) of the harp against the key of the song.  I'm not an expert on the harp by any stretch but I've done some research just to satisfy my own curiosity.  I used to think that you just used the harmonica in the corresponding key to the song but it's not that simple.

Anyway, you must've done something right because the harp here sounds great.  Not off at all.  Great collab by both parties.

This gentleman seems to know quite a bit on the subject:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRlKERdtQPw

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!