Vocal settings for GarageBand

Started by Oldrottenhead, November 28, 2023, 03:01:21 PM

Oldrottenhead

Since moving to my MacBook and recording in GarageBand I have constantly struggled to get a vocal setting that I am comfortable recording with.
However after a bit of googling this evening I found this video on YouTube. I followed the girls settings and I am in heaven. I went back to my last few recordings using the settings in the video and the difference gave me goosebumps. Am seriously tempted to post remixes of all my recent songs using the settings but I won't lol 😂. Anyway here is the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4GcHrOkgZw
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Geir

You durti old man.  You just fancy the young Norwegian girls  ;D

No seriously... seems like good advice ... I would add the New York compressor method that Andy mentioned years ago. ( using a (heavily) compressed version together with an uncompressed version)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Oldrottenhead

Quote from: Geir on November 28, 2023, 07:35:24 PMYou durti old man.  You just fancy the young Norwegian girls  ;D

No seriously... seems like good advice ... I would add the New York compressor method that Andy mentioned years ago. ( using a (heavily) compressed version together with an uncompressed version)
I have enough time trying to keep up with the missus, so not interested in young Norwegian girls lol. I'm off to google New York compressor method
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann