Black Friday Alert! Free Waves Silk Vocal plugin

Started by Zoltan, November 24, 2023, 05:13:14 AM

Zoltan

For those about to rock!

Waves is offering a free plugin called Silk Vocal as their Black Friday giveaway.

https://www.waves.com/plugins/silk-vocal

Based on the looks and what it's supposed to do it looks quite useful in taming the muddy vocals, and helping to pinpoint the usual problem areas.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Oldrottenhead

gonna give that a whirl, am hoping it works as a plug in with GarageBand as I have never been really happy with garageband's in-built vocal plug ins. cheers for the heads up.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

Oldrottenhead

well that was a bit of a palaver , registration etc and then the download is absolutely massive, not enough room on my Mac for it lol. oh well.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann

T.C. Elliott

Got the license but haven't installed it yet. I'm a bit bummed with WAVES in general and have been trying to ween myself off of them. But I do use a couple of their plugins so...
recorder
Boss BR-900

recorder
Reaper

Dead Ambassadors Bandcamp Page

T.C. Elliott Bandcamp Page

"You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club." — Jack London

Zoltan

Quote from: Oldrottenhead on November 25, 2023, 04:45:14 AMthen the download is absolutely massive

Weird. Maybe that's a mac thing. I don't remember Waves plugins being huge and/forcing to download lots of stuff.

IK Multimedia on the other hand makes people download "everything" and the activation actives stuff that's already on the hard disk. Which is annoying.

I've heard about Waves pissing off people, but i'm only using their freebies and so far no complaints.

Their advertising does suck. Those endless "sale" tactics are annoying and make them seem almost desperate.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper