I Fly High

Started by StephenM, November 16, 2023, 08:13:19 PM

StephenM

I Fly High
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This started from practice this afternoon.  I had my Epiphone Nighthawk out... strange things started happening.  One thing leads to another.
I feel like this is me singing and speaking inside a purification fire.  A crucible of sorts to bring out the pure gold and rid the impurities of the soul.  I feel primitive. 

I fly high into the sky.  Oh so high.  The dark cannot apprehend it.
In the beginning was the Word and the word was in the light and of the light.  The Word was indeed light.  The light shone in the dark but the dark could not comprehend it. 
I fly high into the sky.  Oh so high.  The dark cannot apprehend it.  The Word became flesh and dwelt with us.  Because he became one of us.  the light shone the path of love and peace and said there be few that find it.  However in that love dwells forever.

I may tweak this mix some and I managed to make the guitar sound like animals of some kind at around 1:45... wow...
and this is proof that vocals practiced a few times or redo them etc makes for better outcomes... practice practice practice!  I like to sing.. but I get nervous I will forget what I just did.. but see that is precisely what I should do just like with guitar... erase and start over..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

Primal concept - contrasting instrumentation & vocals. Interesting vibe! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

bruno

Very early Floyd to my ears - very cool tune.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

BerryPatch

Really cool wishy pysch vibe here, started out almost like something off David Crosby's first solo album but got heavy as it went along. Sweet layering here and the spoken word was a nice touch. It has an authentic late 60s vibe!

Zoltan

We're back to hippie era!

Come out you all great unwashed! It's time to bring out the bongos too!

But what in the name of the mighty mongoose? This track escalates quickly and turns into a beautiful spiritual journey!

I really dig this man. It's far out. Ok... off with the hippie talk.

This is great.

Also. Keep on trucking!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Pete C

I really like the intro section then it becomes very 60's when the vocal kicks in. Another very interesting piece from you.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Bluesberry

This is brilliant....you are brilliant.........sweet baby Jesus.........groovy and deep and very cool

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

thetworegs

I get the  CS&NY vibe then into hippie heaven excellent track Steve

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I missed this one before,
This is brilliant Stephen.. and all came out of a practice session...brilliant.
Very psychedelic like others have said. Also like some Neil young stuff.
The concept of the lyrics are really interesting.
Brilliant music all round.
Love the guitar work
 :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Geir

Definitely a late 60s early 70s vibe. For some reason I get a Magna Carta feel from it. (Lord of the ages).

Really cool stuff

I dig it
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........