"Bare Chested"

Started by Blooby, November 15, 2023, 02:38:37 PM

Blooby

Quote from: bruno on November 17, 2023, 03:30:26 AMDoes [the Tonex] have on board effects are are you using pedals/DAW based effects?

The Tonex is like a load of great amps with switchable cabinets, EQ, reverb, along with a compressor and noise gate.

75% of the time, I put some drive or fuzz in front of the Tonex (or any other modeler). Even if I throw a Blues Driver with the level up and the gain down all the way, I find it can help the tone tremendously.

I have some go-to DAW effects, but I absolutely love the stuff KVR audio had to put up for free (I believe when their database of who owned what got corrupted). Mangleverb is cool for weirdness, there are some cool modulation effects including a recreation of the Mutron Bi-Phase, and I recently discovered their killer analog sounding delay.

I know you're predominantly using the Kemper, but how do you combine with pedals, DAW effects, etc.?

Blooby

BerryPatch

This sounds awesome to my ears! Excellent, chuggy grooves and sweet guitar/synth soloage!

Zoltan

To use your own expression you "wank" so well!

This would be cool with the guitars alone, but all of that synth stuff, and mean bass playing does elevate it into a whole another level.

This makes me envious... Wan *cough* ker *cough* :)
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Johnbee

You used your free time wisely.  This is a gem.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

bruno

Quote from: Blooby on November 17, 2023, 09:21:43 AM
Quote from: bruno on November 17, 2023, 03:30:26 AMDoes [the Tonex] have on board effects are are you using pedals/DAW based effects?

The Tonex is like a load of great amps with switchable cabinets, EQ, reverb, along with a compressor and noise gate.

75% of the time, I put some drive or fuzz in front of the Tonex (or any other modeler). Even if I throw a Blues Driver with the level up and the gain down all the way, I find it can help the tone tremendously.

I have some go-to DAW effects, but I absolutely love the stuff KVR audio had to put up for free (I believe when their database of who owned what got corrupted). Mangleverb is cool for weirdness, there are some cool modulation effects including a recreation of the Mutron Bi-Phase, and I recently discovered their killer analog sounding delay.

I know you're predominantly using the Kemper, but how do you combine with pedals, DAW effects, etc.?

Blooby

Ah - a bit slow off the mark, however.

I tend to use the effect board/pedals straight into a clean Kemper amp and use pedals for the distorted sounds. I bought the Behringer fx2000 for an effects loop into the Tascam DP32 - but not really used it as yet, other than getting the grandie to shout "rock n roll" into a microphone with a stadium verb. Living the dream...

I want to use it for vocal effects, I've found the tascam built in effects a little functional but dull, but I one of life's great tinkers, so that is this week!

Note that the Kemper does have a post effects loop, so you can add stereo effects into, but you end up with leads and power cables everywhere. The kemper effects are superb, however I need to justify buying all of these pedals, so am using those. Plus I like having pedals, I think it was not having them as a child that created this obsession, but they give me joy, and tinkering with pots feels real.

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Pru

super track and love the sound of those guitars. brilliant playing

StephenM

Quote from: bruno on January 19, 2024, 07:48:23 AM
Quote from: Blooby on November 17, 2023, 09:21:43 AM

Blooby

Ah - a bit slow off the mark, however.

I tend to use the effect board/pedals straight into a clean Kemper amp and use pedals for the distorted sounds. I bought the Behringer fx2000 for an effects loop into the Tascam DP32 - but not really used it as yet, other than getting the grandie to shout "rock n roll" into a microphone with a stadium verb. Living the dream...

I want to use it for vocal effects, I've found the tascam built in effects a little functional but dull, but I one of life's great tinkers, so that is this week!

Note that the Kemper does have a post effects loop, so you can add stereo effects into, but you end up with leads and power cables everywhere. The kemper effects are superb, however I need to justify buying all of these pedals, so am using those. Plus I like having pedals, I think it was not having them as a child that created this obsession, but they give me joy, and tinkering with pots feels real.

B

come on Bruno... I got hear that Behringer product you got and that new recording deck...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

kenny mac

That's a belter of a tune.
Some nice fast runs in there.
Great tone.
Magic.

godinqc

The guitar work is really good and so are the tones from the Tonex..
Well done
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800