The Elephant in the Room

Started by Zoltan, November 15, 2023, 02:10:08 PM

Zoltan

The Elephant in the Room (224kbs)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Edit: uploaded a better mix with lots of new stuff (37 tracks in total! Inspired by our very own JP!).  Now with real Fairlight CMI sounds.
Still a work in progress.

Edit 2: another tweak and the track count is now 43 tracks :D There's more melancholic playing.
Edit 3: The vocals are back and the craziness needs to end :D
Edit 4: after reading the Berry comments i ended up rendering everything down and did a "Human League" inspired mix.

A quick sketch of a song idea i threw away...

The Elephant in the Room

It's the end of the line can't you see?
We're lost in the maze what used to be
It's the elephant in the room

It started small with bacon chips
I know you ate them you're such a bitch
You had to have them all

You're showing remorse laying like a (dead) horse
But who is the boss? you should have thought it before
Doesn't help your case

(some repetition)

CH:
But you're just a dog
That pees on the floor
And i thought i'd seen it all before
It's good to be home when you're so wanted

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

ahha Zoltan, I just figured out listening to this that you are one of those guys that was in ABBA.  Yup...and I like the help you brought to sing along... brilliant..
mix is potent... punch a hole in ya.  The lyrics are so dang funny... defies the serious singing...lol
this one really has me laughing

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Bluesberry

Makes me think of that great Canadian band from back in the day......Men Without Hats........give that fella a nice crunchy biscuit would you.....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

Cool fun track yet seriously produced. "a dog that pees on the floor"? I guess some women are like that LOL
Ray Brookes

Farrell Jackson

I have to agree with Stephen's ABBA comment. It has that style to it. I'm trying figure out if the lyric is about a love interest or a dog? Maybe they are one in the same, lol. Well done, I like it!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Zoltan

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on November 16, 2023, 06:51:59 AMI'm trying figure out if the lyric is about a love interest or a dog?

The idea was that it's about a dog and the reason why it takes ages to get to the chorus is because the reveal is in the chorus :)

But it's kinda annoying as a whole and barely works. I was thinking of "Alphaville" type of vocs sung in broken english.

The chorus was the last minute invention and i like that part the  most. I already have a better mix with layers of synths... But those vocs... Blimey!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

StephenM

seems like the vocals got lost but I am listening in cans... it gets better as it goes along though..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24

Zoltan

Quote from: StephenM on November 16, 2023, 01:36:44 PMseems like the vocals got lost but I am listening in cans... it gets better as it goes along though..

I killed to vocs. What you're hearing are just the "reinforcement"(* vocals.

(* I'm trying to act fancy! :)

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Blooby

I love freak pop. Catchy in an unsettling way. The thought of 43 tracks hurts my head.

Blooby

StephenM

Quote from: Blooby on November 16, 2023, 02:28:40 PMI love freak pop. Catchy in an unsettling way. The thought of 43 tracks hurts my head.

Blooby

yeah, I started feeling the pressure yesterday. after too many my head starts spinning... I generally have to do submixes to feel like I am surviving.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24