"Johnny Cash and Waylon Made Me Do It" - Learning how to use my BR900/Audacity

Started by Diego Ayala, June 28, 2009, 02:24:38 PM

Diego Ayala

JC&WaylonMadeMeDoIt
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Well, little by little gain more confidence in recording and dumping it in the pc, and learn how to cut and past - kind of @ the kindergatten level for beginer BR user.

I am still trying to learn how to set my effects for the guitar - want to capture less of the metallic sound I got out of these three songs (except maybe the last) I did while jamming with the unit - no direction, just played.  I had to use Audacity to cut the three songs as it was to large to post - as I found out just a few minutes ago...

Here is the first one -

Called: Johnny Cash and Waylon Made Me Do It!

Guitar = Takamine G Series 12 string

launched

"Now where did I put my stream of thought. But hey, fc*K it!!!!!!! -Mokbul"
recorder
Boss Micro BR

recorder
Audacity

recorder
Cubase

Song List
About Me
Ok to Cover

Kody

This is great Deigo!! Did you plug your 12 direct or did you mic?  The Br900 has some pretty good acoustic fx patches...anyway, great for your first run at home recording!!
recorder
PreSonus Studio One

Diego Ayala

I plugged it in direct - had the volume full crank on the guitar/active pickup.  While recording it did not sound that metallic.  May need to experiment, you know me Kody, I always liked my guitar @ 11 -ha!  No wonder I'm going deaf...

Thanks for the comments!

SteveB

DA - Wonderful 1st post. There's certainly nothing wrong with your guitar playing. ;)

With the guitar sound, don't be afraid to experiment, There's an old saying in music: 'When it sounds right, it is'.  Turn down the tone on the guitar, or the volume, maybe that will take the edge of it. Try your acoustic through one of the bass-guitar effects on the 900, it really does lower the top-end tinniness. Good luck, I'm off to listen to your other songs.
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR

https://soundcloud.com/stevebon

Hook

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
Because the Hook brings you back
I ain't tellin' you no lie
The hook brings you back
On that you can rely

Diego Ayala

Thank you folks for the comments...  and most definetly will try the 12 using the bass guitar effects and lower the volume on the guitar and see what happens - one thing i realy like about the 12 specialy when I'm playing on alternative tunnings is to get that heavy bass on it like on a drop D!  If I could just bump the earth just a bit (and change our rotation), and get 48 hours a day, and have to work only for 10...  Wow!
I am going to give that bass setting a try.....

guitarron

recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Cakewalk SONAR
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Cubasis
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Greeny

Excellent work. You're making the most of that 12-string shimmer for sure. Sounds like you have the recording of it licked too.  :D

Is this your guitar? Because it's exactly what I have! I sometimes record it straight into the BR through the guitar lead (effects off, or with the 'Basscrnch' patch), or combined GTR+MIC. Both ways are good.