Tell Me What to Do

Started by Ron D Bowes, November 14, 2023, 07:36:50 PM

Ron D Bowes

Tell Me What to Do
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Well, my health seems stable, my home life is stable (at least for now) my mojo is firing on all cylinders, so, let's boogie!!! Fresh from Dining Room Studio!

"Tell Me What to Do"

Between the Devil
And the deep blue sea
I am surrounded
I just want to be set free

A turn of luck is overdue
I am so lost
Tell me what to do

I am being judged by others
It seems I have no voice
All the parties are the same
It seems I have no choice

I am so lost
Tell me what to do

Floating aimlessly
Blinded I can't see
Should I let it be

No one has to know
What I do or where I go
Ease down, take it slow

(Bridge)

I really don't know what to do
I really haven't got a clue

Do me a favour
If you can spare the time
Keep your thoughts to yourself
And I'll take care of mine

I am so lost
Tell me what to do

Ron D Bowes

BerryPatch

Killer riff at the start, absolutely classic sounding and I love those thick lead tones as well. Really catchy song, perfect mixing and performance.

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Great to hear you're feeling better Ron.
This is awesome from the start. I love the heavy rock sound of the guitars. Great solo.
I like the panning vocals. Your songs seem to get better and better .
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

Classic Ron D Bowes. Excellent riffing on the guitars, stellar drum programming along with great bass playing. Love that middle eight with the effect on the vocal followed by the tasty guitar solo. Pure, raw rock. That ending gives me a sort of Stevie Ray Vaughan vibe. 
Ray Brookes

StephenM

this is a belter as they say!  I agree with Darren, you raise the bar over and over... way to go!

I know you get alot of Rolling Stones comps and I can see why but at the end of the day I hear alot of great rock and roll understanding going into this.. the guitars, the bottom, the vocals... it's all good... and the cool pshych lead followed by blistering riffs

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

Wow-wow (pun intended). Don't hear much of that these days. Great rocker all around! 8) 
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

karl1171

Nice chunky song, well perfomed and produced, sounds good. I like the vocal treatment about 1:43, that's quite unique.

I'm not saying its bad, but for me personally I'm not a big fan of that lead tone on the right panned lead guitar, its just too fizzy for me!

Johnbee

Excellent song writing and pro production in every way.  Love it!
Glad you're feeling better.  ;)
 :) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Zoltan

The lack of my comments on this topic is appalling! Not that my comments would matter, but because i've heard this several times already and thought i had already added a few snarky notes to go with the listening experience.

Based on the grooves alone i'd say the dining room studio is worth the visit. What's better than cranking out quality rock songs while chewing on a chicken leg?

Perhaps the Universe is trying to kick you on your dangly bits, but you're having none of that.

On the level of greatness i'd say this reaches the upper echelon of your songwriting. The playing is fierce. The production is inspired. Even that vocal filter effect thing (and idea that often works only partially) hits right into the gallbladder.

I'm not saying pain brings out the greatness in men, but i'm not going to argue otherwise either.

I leave with this thought :

Remember the Alamo!

(Ok, they all died, but it's the idea that counts).

Enjoy the smooth sailing Ron, but do keep the fierceness. It suits you well.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Bluesberry

Great biting and spitting lyrics and a very tasty blues .....what's not to like.........absolutely nothing......you are indeed on fire

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand