Started by Bluesberry, November 14, 2023, 04:59:21 PM

Bluesberry

In the Mode
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Instr2023 (banner image missing)

In the Mode
written/performed/recorded by Dave Berry, with assistance from Keith Berry on bass
Dave: acoustic and electric guitar (Strat for lead guitar), GB drums/organ/synths
Keith: Bass
recorded on iPad/Garageband

A guitar based instrumental for the festival........close your eyes and come with me on a wee musical journey.....

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

StephenM

wow... this sounds so fine!  IT's way up there.  There is so much wonderful sounds in this... it takes me to alot of places but mostly toward the skies of the upper heavens... there are so many things about this (namely how different parts remind me of some various great bands) that I love... so you have all this groovy and lovely and kick ass music in you that just comes through the strings... including the very Neil Young electric lead.. smokin man... smokin... the bass is perfect. 

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Ron D Bowes

Tasty!! Nice guitar playing! Cool atmospheric background buliding up in presence. Laced with the sweet axe-work

Ray Brookes

Cool instrumental, Dave. Great musicianship and excellent composing skills, all mixed and produced very professionally.
Ray Brookes

Farrell Jackson

Dave, this is some excellent acoustic and electric guitar playing...the varied picking styles shows your versatility, nicely done there! Kudos to Keith on the bass playing. In sections, the electric tone and phrasing is reminiscent of Neil Young's style of playing and that's a big compliment. A fantastic instrumental!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Zoltan

Man... This made my tube socks vibrate!

The whole vibe of this track is such that i'm not sure if i'll ever want to come back from the high heavens it took me. That lead playing is so tasty and it walks between that fine line of being both refined and gritty.

You're not holding back anything and it's a real adventure hearing those lead lines. And the weirdest darn thing is that the whole track just oozes that BluesBerry sound. And now you're doing it just with your fingers.

What made you play such a beautiful thing? Was it the grandpa's pipe tobacco that you found under the cupboard? Sorry to break it to you man... That wasn't tobacco! It was mongoose dung!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Blooby

I was right along with you on that journey.

Very cool listen.

Blooby

hardlock

Wow, dig the progressions, vibe and tone variations throughout. Outstanding leads of course. Overall an epic instrumental! 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

maxit

Epic, that's right, like the once upon a time rock music dared to go! Plus that's that classic guitar intro that really leaves me speechless! bravi, super-bravi! what a listen!
recorder
Audacity

Johnbee

Nice arrangement and production.  The combination of the many sounds create a strangely soothing atmosphere.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!