Hobo blues

Started by DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee, November 12, 2023, 08:39:00 AM

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

hobo june 14th edit
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This is just an instrumental/ demo kind of track at the moment. i have some possible ideas of where to go with lyric, maybe..either that or i'll can it.
I was was messing around one day with he guitar and pro logic x.  Just thought i'd post the music for now.

I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Ray Brookes

Well the basics are there, Darren for a good rockin' song. Just needs some lyrics and Keith's vocal to ice the cake. Cool guitar work BTW. A track in its embryonic state like this just lets the imagination run rampant so the possibilities are endless as to where to take the song. Looking forward to hearing the final result.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

hey man, this is metal blues... that guitar is razors edge sounding... I dig it.. don't you just love all the ways guitars can sound amazing.. this is a bit different for you, although you have a very wide creative bone musically Darren. 
This feels like a modern Zep

sure thing this could use some Rob Haleford singing on this!  lol..

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Blooby

Please have the word "Valhalla" somewhere in the finished version.

Hand claps and cowbell? You are a madman.

Blooby

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Quote from: Blooby on November 13, 2023, 09:21:16 AMPlease have the word "Valhalla" somewhere in the finished version.

Hand claps and cowbell? You are a madman.

Blooby

Haha..ok..and I'll make sure they won't be handclaps/ cowbell in the finished version.  :)
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Bluesberry

It's a stunner of a groove........a little proggy a little metal....a tad swampy blues.....it has the lot...very tasty

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Blooby

Quote from: DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee on November 13, 2023, 10:41:38 AMI'll make sure they won't be handclaps/ cowbell in the finished version.  :)

Oh good gracious, don't you dare remove them! I am a child of the 70's (and SNL). More cowbell!

Blooby

Johnbee

Just needs lyrics.  Instant hit!

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

hardlock

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Trist

Sounding good Darren, look forward to the track with vocals, some desperate fun gritty vocals and some harmonica and this will rock. sounds great in instrumental form and great production