Hellish Ride- acoustic version

Started by Trist, November 12, 2023, 06:29:31 AM

Trist

02 - Tristyn Leach - Hellish Ride
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here is my acoustic version of my last track . while i love big productions i also like the more naked tracks of just vocals and guitar no bells no whistles. Thanks to everybody who commented on the main version, i do apprecite it.

Farrell Jackson

I like this version Tristyn...just you and your guitar. It's like I'm at a coffee house listening. The middle bridge seems more noticeable in this stripped-down production. I'll have to give the other version a re-listen to be sure, but I do like this one. Nicely done!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ron D Bowes

This is very cool Trist. Showcases your emotive voice very well. Sometimes less is more.

Ray Brookes

Stripped down like this somehow presents the song in a warmer light. I'm the same as you, Trist I like big productions but sometimes the bare song with simple plaintive accompaniment works better.
Ray Brookes

StephenM

both versions work.  that is what is great about a song like this.. I realize this is intensly personal but for me this just has such an amazing energy in it... the song maybe about the pain the artist feels but it feels healing to me...sort of like the one in mourning is actually comforting me listening to this... this is really, really special..

intense and fantastic.. you hit me in a place that very few can ever reach!  thank you

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Blooby

You have an incredibly emotive voice. Criminy.

Blooby

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

Oh I do like this..Lovely stripped down version trist. Both versions sound great.
I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Pete C

Nice playing and a fine vocal ! I admire anyone who can get away with just vocal and guitar

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Zoltan

That voice. That voice.

That's all i've got to say about this.

I'm NOT going to mention the great  songwriting and guitar playing.

The only thing that got me thru this was to imagine you singing the song in finnish.

That helped. A little.

So good. So good.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Johnbee

While I do like your "bare bones" version here, I must say that I like the fuller version much better, but I know where you're coming from.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!