Have You Ever?

Started by StephenM, November 10, 2023, 03:20:29 PM

StephenM

Have_You_Ever (1)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
This one actually does remind me a good bit of Zappa.. not exactly trying for it but the bass does it with the weird and wacky vocals...

the bass came from a 7/4 metronome to a bit over 150bpm... I am starting to figure out how to use a metronome to my advantage, or disadvantage depending on ones view...

my rules for today were to use only the same effect chain for all 3 guitar parts (l, c, r with HB PRS copy) and bass too...

the other rule was try to do it fast...

this whole song took about 4 hours maybe less... not bad... I like the beat.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

I think it's the water again! And the paint fumes :)

I'm smiling like a loony and i'm seriously wondering if what i'm hearing is really there...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Johnbee

I was OK until you got to eating the lizard's gizzard.  ;)

Channeling Zappa again.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

StephenM

I forgot to mention that I ended up adding vocals other than the Zoom mix on bandlab as Audacity was going crazy and not letting me export any of the finished tracks... I think Audacity is making me get the latest upgrade, which i have not done yet...
anyway.. I like bandlab... they have some very cool vocal effects and presets...
also I used the bandlab mastering called Fire... Bandlab is all free too

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

ODH

Like no other. I love listening to your creativity.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

Geir

Quote from: ODH on November 11, 2023, 12:06:18 PMLike no other. I love listening to your creativity.
ditto that

On my 3rd listen.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

DarrenG / The Devil's Toupee

I love your Crazy, surreal  genius lyrics and musical style in these tracks you do Stephen  :) yeah very Zappa too.
The guitar fx are cool. The multiple layered vocals work really well. You're great at doing those.
All your stuff is unique.  :)

I have 2 profiles on this site, (NOW COMBINED INTO ONE PROFILE PAGE)
 One is a musical partnership with Keith Allen, ( we record songs as "The Devil's Toupee").
The 2nd one is for my other musical projects and collaborations. (DarrenG)
Thanks for listening.

Blooby

You had me at the first lyric.

Pete C

I'm frantically trying to catch up on the latest songs - missed a few days and there's so many gone onto the site !

I love this, some of the lines had me laughing out loud  !  I'll have to go back for another listen or two !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Mike_S

Quote from: Pete C on November 13, 2023, 03:23:57 PMI'm frantically trying to catch up on the latest songs - missed a few days and there's so many gone onto the site !

I love this, some of the lines had me laughing out loud  !  I'll have to go back for another listen or two !

Pete

The 1st line is one of the best first lines I have ever heard... for real. It had a great big smile on my face. The lyrics are amazing. Seriously. And you complimented all of this with a perfect blend of musical mayhem. On the surface it sounds very ad hoc and random, but in reality all the musical choices - multiple vocals/bass/drums/everything are perfect for this beautiful psychadelic trip.

Mike

recorder
iPad GarageBand