Live in 75! Destination Insanity live in San Francisco 1975!

Started by StephenM, November 07, 2023, 05:41:43 PM

StephenM

Desination Insanity Live In Concert in San Fransisco 1975
Time:
0:00
Volume:
in a parallel universe:

Destination Insanity is the sensation in the summer of 75 when their Live in San Francisco album released.  No one knew Peter Frampton there. 

doesn't this sound live?  Mike nailed this... the vocals and the lead.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

hardlock

Rock on! The applause and reverb make it sound live for sure. 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Zoltan

I think i've heard about this gig! The supporting act was Pete Frampton for sure. He tried to steal Stephens drumsticks while Mike was tuning his guitar and chatting up the ladies.

Later S & M (Stephen and Mike) were asked to join Punk Floyd, but they declined. They could have been heading the punk movement, but instead chose life as lounge musicans. The call of Tiki was too much for them!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

I wish my memory was clearer but those were some real hazy San Francisco Daze. I'm almost certain I was there because I hear a voice yelling "Destiny Insanity rocks!" that sounds just like me...or is that flashback? Thanks for the great trip Stephen and Mike! 
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Ray Brookes

Ray Brookes

StephenM

We were only like 15... I swear I heard born to be wild in the lead guitar at one point...

Actually neither of us were in the band.  Mike and I were runaways who connected in the area for survival.  Mike met this girl that was hot and we all got disconnected.  In an act of desperation of trying to find one another and as fate would have it, we got in the venue through a back door and I started a drum beat that they would know, Bill Graham thought we were the band, he didn't know.  So he announced us and Mike grabbed the microphone and the crew laid the guitar on him and this was a song we had been playing... by the time he had strummed that intro line the road crew jumped on the bass and off we went... we rocked that one song and then ran off the stage after Mikes girl found her way to the stage..

Mike might have a different version... after all it was SF and we might have been a bit disoriented...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Pete C

Quote from: StephenM on November 09, 2023, 05:32:06 AMWe were only like 15... I swear I heard born to be wild in the lead guitar at one point...

Actually neither of us were in the band.  Mike and I were runaways who connected in the area for survival.  Mike met this girl that was hot and we all got disconnected.  In an act of desperation of trying to find one another and as fate would have it, we got in the venue through a back door and I started a drum beat that they would know, Bill Graham thought we were the band, he didn't know.  So he announced us and Mike grabbed the microphone and the crew laid the guitar on him and this was a song we had been playing... by the time he had strummed that intro line the road crew jumped on the bass and off we went... we rocked that one song and then ran off the stage after Mikes girl found her way to the stage..

Mike might have a different version... after all it was SF and we might have been a bit disoriented...

Love the back story ! Whether it's true or not the song itself is cracking. Wish I'd been at the gig !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

I love it.
Rock on!!

Will there be a 50 year reunion concert in 2025?

Or has that already happened?
If so, is there a recording?
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

des0free

I love it!  The intro by the "announcer" is really awesome. Perfect mixing of the background audience to really make it feel LIVE in '75! And that band is seriously pro! Who's that guy you brought in for the smokin lead guitar? Killer guitars, killer vocals, killer live drums. I would pay an unfair ticketmaster price to see this band!
recorder
Reaper
recorder
Zoom R24
recorder
Boss Micro BR

ODH

If you remember it, you weren't there.

I was there but I don't remember it.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter