"Be more kind" Geir covers Frank Turner for the 21st Century fest

Started by Geir, November 06, 2023, 02:10:45 PM

Geir

Geir - Be more kind (v3 192)
Time:
0:00
Volume:
21stCentury (banner image missing)

I know we already posted this song for Bruno's birthday, but I just can't let go of this song. It is perhaps the most beautiful song made in this century as far as I'm concerned.

I also rehearsed it for my 60th birthday celebration when we all played songs that was important to us.

This is a really naked version recorded live in the living room at my mountain cabin. I'm also using my new resonator guitar that I got for my birthday.

Be more kind!

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

cuthbert

Beautifully done, Geir. Your new resonator and your vocals sound aces.

I've been meaning to check out Frank Turner, and your cover is a friendly reminder towards that goal.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

StephenM

if you hadn't mentioned it.... I would not have remembered.  this sounds so wonderful... the healing in this song is not only in the words.... let the frequencies of sounds hit you and heal us all.... this has that... this has that...

love..love..love........forever to all humanity

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

bruno

Oh my. BRAVO.

I am a big FT fan boy - him being a local lad from Winchester, so not far from me here (20 miles). He is an usual songwriter, punk/folk hybrid and a very smart guy. The lyrics on this song are beautiful and he always has a turn of phrase that will stop you in your tracks. If you are new to FT, check out England Keep My Bones, Be More Kind and Tape Desk Heart. He's written many doozies imo.

It is the most beautiful song that has a real story for me and my family.
On Milli's wedding day, late in the evening - we played this song in a family huddle and sang our hearts out. When I hear this song, it brings me to a really happy place, both that moment and in receiving that as a Songcrafers gift on my 6oth. Its message is both sad and hopeful, particularly given in these times.
This gave me chills, and very few songs these days do that to me. Well done my friend.

Superb and an instant favorite with me - off for another listen.

And indeed, try to be more kind.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Farrell Jackson

A great song that I haven't heard before, so I gave it a listen on YouTube. Geir, your live cover is just as great!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Bluesberry

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Pete C

Lovely version Geir. I'd never heard this song before the collab for Bruno's birthday but it's stuck in my mind now

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

maxit

beautiful, the song, the cover that's very intense, and the dedication. And it's a gift: frank turner is a wonder and I'll go running for bruno's suggestions
recorder
Audacity

Oldrottenhead

FMGWABP! Top drawer stuff. I need to check out this guy. Brilliant.
whit goes oan in ma heid

Jemima's
Kite

The
Bunkbeds

Honker

Nevermet

Longhair
Tigers

Oldrottenhead
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of."
- Robert Schumann