The Maelstrom (part 1)

Started by bruno, November 06, 2023, 11:49:52 AM

bruno

the maelstrom part 1
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Been a while!

Playing with sounds and textures. Reverse echoes and sounds from the electribe and the P6. It is a bit of a maelstrom of sounds!

Some info for the questions below.
Yes - its a Korg Electribe 2 Samper - the red one :-) Its a really useful tool. Used for samples and manipulation of those samples
I'm using that more with the Tascam, as it doesn't manage loops as well as the BR1600 - but that just changes how you produce, particularly drum tracks.
Beats are striped to just bass drum and bass and guitar raking - which I really quite liked.
The reverse echo is the digitech obscura on the pedal board into the kemper.
The guitar is my new American Pro II Strat

I started out by thinking doing some kind of peter gabriel thing, but as always morphs into its own thang.  I'm not sure that its finished, but cant think where to take it next, so finished by default!

B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Pete C

Enjoyed that Bruno ! It's fun playing around with synth noises,I find it quite fascinating. Looking forward to part 2 !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

StephenM

omgoodness.... I am so blessed!  to hear something on the SC from the magnificent (yes....) Bruno....

woah man... this is great.... don't stay away so long man... we need you.... wicked cool... and I tell you what this has even weird southern and cowboy vibes...how did you do that?

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Geir

Wow. This is really cool.

Love how the guitar plays several roles against the rhythm from the funky riffs to the almost animalistic howls.

And you have an actual electribe unit?  I only have the iElectribe app. I think I'll have to pick that up again. This is inspiring
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Ray Brookes

Jeez, a lot of cool sound textures in there and you obviously had a lot of fun putting this together. I like that driving beat underneath it all, keeping the whole track together.
Ray Brookes

Mike_S

Great listen Bruno. It does have a Peter Gabriel vibe to it to my ear anyway. Bags of creativity... many emotions and feelings it provokes, and keeps the listener tuned in all the way.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand