D-bag Blues (Instrumental)

Started by hardlock, November 04, 2023, 10:08:09 PM

Mike_S

Ken this is super. It's a very sweet melody. I like the piano too, that works great. Some really interesting chords and ideas in here that make it a great listen the whole way through.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

hardlock

Quote from: Jean Pierre on November 06, 2023, 12:23:12 AMI like it, but it's not a blues ;) ...can I add a little dobro or weissenborn chorus?

The title fit the vocal version's lyrics is all.

Feel free to add anything you like to it and post it (here?) Should be interesting to hear.
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Jean Pierre

QuoteThe title fit the vocal version's lyrics is all.

aH oK, I hadn't listened to the original version, with the lyrics

QuoteFeel free to add anything you like to it and post it (here?) Should be interesting to hear.

Ok, don't expect any changes to your song, it's just a bridge to your main theme before and after the little space, main theme and harmonies which are very nice by the way.

I'll send you the result by personal message, and if you agree I'll publish it (on SC, and maybe in my series "Containment Musical Workshop With Friend All ArouNd THE World", on you tube, a series I'm continuing even though the confinment is over (definitively?)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Jean Pierre

my version with the addition of the Hard lock instrumental has been placed in the "collaboration" section ;)
I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

Blooby

Ooh, I am loving these guitar tones against that piano. My only niggle would be the drums sound a wee reverbed compared to the rest of tune, making it sound a bit disparate. It is slight so feel free to consider me wonky. Others do.

Great listen.

Blooby

Jean Pierre

Dbag blues for Hardlock with add
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Here, as part of the collaboration, is a version of Hardlock's lovely piano/guitar instrumental entitled Dbag blues with the addition of weissenborn and dobro guitar.
With Hardlock's consent, of course.

cuthbert

Quote from: Jean Pierre on November 13, 2023, 02:56:23 AMmy version with the addition of the Hard lock instrumental has been placed in the "collaboration" section ;)

I merged your song post from the Collaborations board back here.

When you make an addition to a song posted in the Originals or Covers boards, please post your additions (with the original poster's permission or blessing, of course) directly to the original thread - not to the Collaborations board.

The Collaborations board is for starting and continuing a new collaboration - to be begun on that board. For instance, the collaboration gets initiated by the song creator posting in the Collaborations board and asking members for additions. When other members make additions, they should then post them to the original thread to keep all the efforts together. Once the collaboration is completed, the song creator then posts it to the Originals or Covers board, making sure to credit the contributions of other members.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions, either in this thread or via PM.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Johnbee

Great song and mix.  Sounds like it would work in a TV production or perhaps a movie score.

:)  :)

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Geir

Not being in the mood for blues when this was posted I put this off, but for some reason I remembered it today.

I'm glad i did because this was rather fabulous. Such a fine piece of soothing music. Just what I needed today.

Thanx
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........