Five Onions : ODH Original

Started by ODH, November 04, 2023, 05:49:26 AM

ODH

Five Onions copy
Time:
0:00
Volume:
The Five is because of the 5:4 timing and the Onions is because it has a little of the Booker T Green Onions vibe, imho.

Began life as a uke noodle. The sax is an Apple loop.

Truth be told this has been around ages unfinished, I topped and tailed it for the fest.
Overdrive - Distortion - Hyperactivity
Yesterdays shatter, tomorrows don't matter

StephenM

It's clever, catchy, and very good... I like the time sig as well...the instruments sound really good... a nice track to get lost in

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

What is this? :) It started out fairly innocuously and then it started piling on the quirkiness! The money shot comes at the 90 seconds mark.

Booker T. at their most childish (in a positive way!). Brilliant stuff! So playful!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Pete C

Nice fun track Nick. Love how it stops and starts...like a stopping and starting thing.Some nice sounds !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

hardlock

recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Bluesberry

What's not to like......nothing.......love it

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Ray Brookes

Love that off kilter 5/4 timing. Cool fun track - love to see people try and dance to this.
Ray Brookes

thetworegs

Loving the off kilter beat too a little like walking home from the pub on a Saturday night excellent track totally of the wall just where I like it to be

If Life is a dream then use your imagination

Mike_S

Great work Nick. It's a really strange mix of old school jazz and then just some out there whacky ideas thrown into the mix. Would like to see this in a weird mind bending movie.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

karl1171

Its a catchy tune, I like it  :)

The Sax and key change are great ideas and keep it interesting