"Now & Then" New Beatles Track

Started by Johnbee, November 02, 2023, 02:03:20 PM

cuthbert

Quote from: bruno on November 06, 2023, 06:10:28 AMI like Beato's take on it - its a little strange hearing the Beatles with modern production. How they separated JL vocals is really cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7PAkVIFUZPQ

Thanks for posting that, Bruno. It was super interesting to see a practical demonstration from Rick showing how the AI/ML tool was able to separate his vocal from his piano in that single track he recorded.

I heard that they have used the same technology for the reissues of the Red and Blue Albums for 2023, also with extra tracks, due to be released this Friday 10 November.

I've never bought the Red or Blue albums before (mainly because I've got all the albums that they took the tracks from for those earlier compilations), but I think finally now the time is right. Looking forward to listening to those remixes! 8)
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase

Ted

For me it alternates between forgettable and ear worm.

Right now it's forgettable. Can't think of how it goes at all.

Now and then... something something... miss you... something something something... Damn it!

I recently listened to "Free as a Bird" for the first time in years, and I feel like that song had a bit more of the je ne sais quoi that makes it a legit Beatles song – at the time it was Beatlesque, and somehow also trailblazing.

The "modern" production of "Now and Then" doesn't bother me. Every Beatles release was more modern than the last. I'd argue that it isn't modern enough. They managed to artfully squeeze in a lot of Beatlesque stuff into the song to push 20 nostalgia buttons at once – by that measure it's a huge success.

It fails to leave me an exciting sense of things to come. But since this is supposedly the capstone – the last new song by the Beatles (supposedly) – maybe that's fitting. We, as listeners and fans, are invited to watch and listen as the four of them share a group hug (with light necrophilia) and achieve some kind of closure.
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

Jean Pierre

J'ai fait une reprise si vous voulez l'écouter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zq3UKKZuFjI

The book I'm holding in my hands for the video is the complete score of all the Beatles' songs, except for the unreleased ones like Free Like A Bird and Now And Then.

I remind you that a "score" contains all the parts or voices to be performed, so, for example, for the Beatles' "synphonic" songs (such as Yesterday, a Day in a Life, All you need is love, for example), there are not only guitars, bass, drums and vocals, but also violin, cello, bassoon, oboe etc...

It's a "bible" of more than 1100 pages, rather expensive (between 90 and 130 euros) but if some of you are interested by such or such song in score, I can send them to you by mail.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like, and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
The Lord of the Rings speech by Bilbo

Ted

Quote from: Jean Pierre on November 10, 2023, 01:21:46 AMJ'ai fait une reprise si vous voulez l'écouter

Upload the MP3 and submit it to the 21st Century Fest!
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Audacity
recorder
GarageBand for Mac

bruno

Thinking out aloud here....

I think the trick to greatness is knowing when to stop.
I also think there is mystic around certain artists (think of Hendrix). Old practice tapes, ideas and noodles are interesting, but there is a reason that they are on old forgotten tapes, they never 'made the cut'. Out of all the songs I've done, there are a only a handful that I consider good, most are stepping stones hone my own writing journey. I think all songwriters must feel this (I could be wrong), even Lennon. Perhaps he wrote these songs, and thought, its okay, there is something there, but it needs work and I've reached a wall on this right now. Who knows?

In short, its interesting, but maybe not a classic.
B

recorder
Boss BR-1600

Bluesberry

Why does it feel like the whole world is on the verge of blowing up...and we get a new Beatles song....what they are calling the last Beatles song.......they getting the last word in before it all goes down? Weird....I find it to be quite haunting

Alternate Tunings: CAUTION: your fingers have to be in different places

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-1200
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Trist

The clocks went back one hour but it seems not as i woke up and the beatles have the number 1 single and the stones are 1 in the album charts.  ;D