The Trees In The Circle

Started by StephenM, October 31, 2023, 03:23:52 PM

StephenM

The Trees In The Circle
Time:
0:00
Volume:
I kind of never saw this coming... I went outside this afternoon to look at the wonderful fall day that fell all around me.  I was looking at the leaves and the trees... last year all my angst toward raking leaves melted away as I contemplated what the leave do and what the tree's do for us... nature is so wonderful... and music

at the start a bit of frustration with the Ibanez A/E which is heard through the mic with vocal track and also plugged in... I don't really like the guitar but if I am going to have it I must play it once in a while. 
the harmonica is at least a 1950s Hohner dual reed echo harp in G that was my grandfathers.... I feel very fortunate to have it...

note:  it was a struggle to resist adding anything more to this.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Geir

La la la la la. 

Nice song. Really good melody. Remind me a bit of Neil Young and that's not a bad thing in my book

Lala la la la. Sorry. It's stuck in my brain now
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

hardlock

I hear Neil all over this fine song. Always loved his style. 8)
recorder
Zoom PS-02
recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-600
recorder
Audacity

My Originals:
www.soundclick.com/kentone

My Collaborations:
www.soundclick.com/kenscollabs

Those things we take for granted - when we're young and immature - will surely return to haunt us when we're old and insecure

Zoltan

When talking about Stephens music it's not "more cowbell" that people are asking for. It's "more la las".

A folky and organic sounding song. You're able to turn the beauty of leaves into a life lesson of sorts.

Then the la las begin and everyone leaves!

(Sorry i couldn't resist the temptation :D). Cool stuff!

Edit: Third listen just for the harmonica. Shout out to the man in black!
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

I agree with the Neil Young comparison comments...I hear it also. Inspiration comes from unexpected places, even tree leaves. I thought the acoustic A/E sounded good and organic. Maybe the vocal mic catching some of it adds to the earthy tone. Kudos Stephen on the vocal and for being able to quickly sing the words "Bumble Bee" without stumbling on it. The vintage harmonica was a cool addition that produced a keys like sound. Nice work!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Johnbee

Yes.  Neil Young.  And very mellow for you,  ;)

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!

Zoltan

Quote from: Johnbee on November 01, 2023, 06:58:14 PMAnd very mellow for you,  ;)

I think Stephen has done lots of mellow songs.
It's a different thing when he's watching the leaves. Everything is Zen. When he's trying to start the lawnmover,  things are a bit different...
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Pete C

That's a fine vocal performance Steve ! Love the song !

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Ron D Bowes

Yes, I hear the Neil Young vibe too. A contemplative piece. The accordian sound is novel. Good track Sephen!

Ray Brookes

A beautiful song, Stephen. All the previous comments have suggested the Neil Young influence which I agree with initially but also this has your own original string running through it.
Ray Brookes