Another Christmas

Started by funkyaxe, October 30, 2023, 05:02:53 PM

funkyaxe

Another Christmas short demo
Time:
0:00
Volume:
A short demo of a Christmas song I'm working on. I had this one on the back burner but with recent world events, it seemed a good idea to get to work on it. I'll delete this demo when I post the full song.

Another Christmas

Another Christmas, seems I've seen a lot
Another time to hope for goodness yet again

Another Christmas, hope it brings a lot
Of hope for mankind perhaps, oh, but then

Another Christmas, people just like me
we fool ourselves that it won't be

Another Christmas full of hate and war
Not the Christmas we were hoping for

I see the sparkle in a child's eyes
Eyes that don't yet know how to despise

Innocence that can't be bought
Pureness, in every tiny thought

Another Christmas each year I hope
We'll somehow find an antidote

StephenM

I noticed yesterday on the tele that they were already adverting Christmas stuff...blows my mind.

This has a lovely folk goodness about it... remin of the great bands of late 60's early 70's... and this music is still prevalent everywhere... because the sound is so universal and good...

really like your vocals on this.

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Simon and Garfunkyaxe are here again!

This has a great 60's vibe to it. Reading the lyrics i'm sure we'll all agree that it's a great thing that i didn't write them :) The rhymes i'm imagining at times are out of this world!

A very promising demo as it already manages to sell the song as is.
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

A Christmas song in October works for me! Cool vocal idea and harmony. An excellent start. I look forward to hearing the full blown song.
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

Pete C

Just realised its 1st November today so Christmas will be here before we know it. I like the lyrics, let's hope the world situation improves a bit by Christmas.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

Geir

Lovely song with lovely vocals

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Mike_S

Yep, sounds good as it is but be good to hear a complete version. Nice and simple and highlights the lyrics and vocals. Yes all we can do is hope for things to improve. Please God.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

funkyaxe

I posted this one a trifle early ( end of October ). Hopefully, it's more relevant now in December. ;D

Johnbee

How true the lyrics.  Sometimes it seems that Christmas brings more bad news than good.  End of the year business sometimes bring news of layoffs and job losses.  And the usual higher prices (ie. rent increases, tax hikes, etc).  Yeah, bad news doesn't take a holiday break.  Nice vocal harmonies.

:) John B

By and large, jazz has always been like the kind of a man you wouldn't want your daughter to associate with.

-Duke Ellington

OK to cover but please let me know first.  Thanks!