Ikon of Gold (Greeny & Redler)

Started by Redler, October 29, 2023, 09:56:51 PM

Redler

Ikon of Gold_Kari and Greeny
Time:
0:00
Volume:
Hi all!

I just received this from Tim. I'm at Helsinki airport and try to upload the song via phone, never do that before...

Anyway, I tried write a psychedelic song by using just one Martin semi-acoustic guitar recorded simultanously via Blackstar amp and BR-80 onboard mics. I added some vibes of Yamaha keys, too.

Tim did excellent job with lyrics, vocals and guitar/sitar additions. Thanks a lot again.

Listening to this in the next two weeks at Atlantic Ocean and watching sunset😀
Ikon of Gold

a stranger in a foreign land
the sun like a jewel
in the forehead of azure skies
looking down on the fool

staring into the eyes
of an ikon of gold
permission to dive right in

where time moves slow
down you go
in the undertow

staring into the eyes
of an ikon of gold

don't wake me up too soon
let me remain
with the gods in the dead hotel
just jars full of brains

staring into the eyes
of an ikon of gold

where time moves slow
down you go
in the undertow

Thanks for listening!

recorder
Korg Sound on Sound
Redler & Co   
recorder
Audacity

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss Micro BR

StephenM

This sounds amazing.  The acoustic is perfect and the keys adds alot of nice color... of course the vocals and lyrics are perfect... there is alot of imagery in the lyrics.  "Just jars full of brains", I think that could be the heads of people the sun looks down on. 

The lyrics are deep.  dive right in!

a real winner men..

fantastic adds Tim

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Zoltan

Quote from: Redler on October 29, 2023, 09:56:51 PMI just received this from Tim. I'm at Helsinki airport and try to upload the song via phone, never do that before...

Do you think this is good advertisement for traveling? I mean you have to go to Helsinki airport just to upload a song :D

I hope they didn't hear the song at the customs. It sounds so trippy that i'm worried you might have been welcomed with the rubber hand treatment.

"where time moves slow
down you go
in the undertow
"

Steph said it best.  A winner of a song.

recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Reaper

Farrell Jackson

Kari, your acoustic/electric/Blackstar amp combination has such a full and dark sound that matches the songs vibe perfectly. Great words and vocals Tim. The addition of all the musical bits and pieces that pop up throughout the song give it a sort of middle eastern vibe. Especially so, at 1:25, when Tim does that long acrobatic move with his vocal chords on the word "undertow". The tasty outro lead guitar led us to the end for a soft landing. Nicely done Kari and Tim!
recorder
Tascam DP-32
recorder
Fostex VF-160

Farrell Jackson

Rayon Vert

Test, test, one, two, three.....is this mic on?

StephenM

Quote from: Farrell Jackson on October 30, 2023, 07:16:39 AMKari, your acoustic/electric/Blackstar amp combination has such a full and dark sound that matches the songs vibe perfectly. Great words and vocals Tim. The addition of all the musical bits and pieces that pop up throughout the song give it a sort of middle eastern vibe. Especially so, at 1:25, when Tim does that long acrobatic move with his vocal chords on the word "undertow". The tasty outro lead guitar led us to the end for a soft landing. Nicely done Kari and Tim!

yeah, that is mid eastern... I dig it... good catch Farrell... lol.  All these things now seem normal to me...

recorder
Boss BR-1600
recorder
Zoom R24
         you can call me anything you like.  Just don't call me late for dinner

Geir

I can only echo what the others have said.

This is fab.

Love the acoustic guitar and also all the other instruments added that complement the song perfectly

I'm a fan
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800
recorder
Audacity
recorder
iPad GarageBand

Oh well ........

Pete C

My wife's gone out to see her sister and our attention-seeking dog is remarkably well-behaved and quiet today so a perfect song to chill to. Guitar sounds good and I love the keys you've added.

Pete
recorder
Boss BR-600

recorder
Boss BR-800

SE

Yes go to the airport to make a tune,   but I suspect there's more  to  the story about.
What a great listen, loved it lots!!
recorder
Boss BR-80

Mike_S

It is a great listen. I think those guitar/sitar additions are magic dust. It's a bloody great song. Deep, brooding and lovely. It warrants many listens. Well done chaps.

Mike
recorder
iPad GarageBand

cuthbert

Tons of imagery in the lyrics, and an interesting mix of sounds all on display here. The marimba-type sound goes very well with the acoustic guitar, and I love those Eastern-sounding additions. And that lead section...fabtastic!

Well done, gents.

recorder
Boss Micro BR
recorder
Boss BR-80
recorder
Boss BR-800

recorder
Adobe Audition
recorder
Cubase